Attention acupuncture students and graduates: you’ll definitely want to read Jillian’s meticulous article on traditional Chinese herbal medicine’s potential therapeutic application for the treatment of COVID-19, recently published in Chinese Medicine Journal!
Jillian is a leader in the field of complementary and integrative medicine, and one of a few specialists in integrative and holistic urology. Her prestigious career has taken her to Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, where she currently serves as director of Integrative Urology and Wellness as well as Assistant Professor in the Department of Urology. She was previously the Director of Holistic Urology in the Department of Urology at Columbia University Medical Center, New York, where she served for eight years.
In this article, she shares information on pattern diagnosis of viral influenza-like disorders according to TCM, discusses the crucial importance of giving serious consideration to further rigorous scientific study of promising TCM herbal medicines outside of China as potential treatments for this disease, and asks the crucial, “elephant in the room” question that has been on all of our minds: could a TCM herbal formula be included as a potential therapy to be tested in the treatment of COVID-19 symptoms?
- Read the full article here: https://cmjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13020-020-00419-6
- More information about Jillian can be found here: www.mountsinai.org/profiles/jillian-l-capodice
To Learn More about Pacific College’s acupuncture and Chinese medicine programs, please visit:
- San Diego Campus: entry-level doctorate and master programs
- New York Campus: Master of Science in Traditional Oriental Medicine (MSTOM), Master of Science in Acupuncture (MSAc) and advanced certificate in herbology
- Chicago Campus: entry-level doctorate and master programs
- Online: acupuncture doctorate completion program
with Integrative Medicine Focus