Online RN-to-BSN Completion Program | Holistic Nursing
Application Deadline August 8, 2022
Online RN-to-BSN Information
Pacific College’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Holistic Nursing) program offers a 42-60-credit on-line program of study. The program can be completed in 4 terms as a full-time student, or 7-9 terms as a part-time student. Depending on your previous education, you would complete 12-18 didactic and clinical courses. All coursework can be completed 100% on-line.
“As a nurse, I was trained only to treat the physical aspect of illness in a patient and recognize medication interactions, but now I have begun to see the full picture. I have had true “wow” moments as I reached new understanding of some of the interactions in healing care. I was amazed that information on mindfulness meditation, quantum theory, theory of relativity, and neuroplasticity was included in my readings. I believe the Bachelor’s in Holistic Nursing is the “must do” for every single nurse seeking higher education and encourage more nurses to seek out this path of healing.” – Gladis Quintero, BSN holistic Nurse, Reiki Master, Yoga Instructor, Massage Therapist.
Deepening Our Understanding of Holistic Nursing Practice: Interconnectedness of Self, Others, Nature, and Spirituality.
A baccalaureate in nursing is the established educational criteria for professional nurses. The value-added component is a holistic BSN, which provides the philosophical, professional, educational, and clinical groundwork necessary for holistic nurse leaders of the future. The curriculum emphasizes self-care, health, wellness and disease prevention; relationship-centered approach; research and evidence informed practice; ethics; diversity & inclusion; advocacy; and authentic leadership in the profession and beyond. Our graduates are transformational leaders, capable of helping to shift the focus of healthcare paradigm from illness and disease to health promotion, wellness, and well-being.
Online RN-to-BSN Accreditation
Pacific College’s RN-to-BSN Completion Program is a unique, holistic-minded program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), a specialized accrediting agency for nursing recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The program is also endorsed by the American Holistic Nurses’ Credentialing Center (AHNCC). Our graduates are able to sit for the Holistic Nurse-Board Certification. The college is registered with the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and approved by the Board of Regents. Pacific College of Health and Science is regionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
ACEN Accredited, NY State Approved, WASC Accredited
About Holistic Nursing
Nursing is an art and science emanating from a caring-healing framework. Holistic nursing programs focus on healing the whole person, recognizing the interrelationship of the bio–psychosocial-cultural-spiritual-energetic-environmental dimensions of the person. It emphasizes protecting and promoting mental, spiritual and emotional health and wellness and supporting people to find meaning, peace and harmony. The holistic nurse who graduates from this online bachelor’s completion program partners with individuals, families, and communities to promote healing while honoring the individual’s subjective experience about health and illness.
Is a Career in Holistic Nursing Right For You? Find Out!
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll receive a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style to help you determine what you are best suited for. Get your Holistic Nursing Career Readiness score now!
“Increasingly, hospitals and other healthcare agencies require nurses to be well rounded, to protect and promote health and wellness, and to have their Bachelor’s Degree. As Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer, I look forward to having Pacific College’s Nursing graduates working at our institution.” Kimberly S. Glassman, Ph.D., RN, Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer – NYU Langone Medical Center
Online RN-to-BSN Program Outcomes
This 100% online bachelor’s degree in holistic nursing enables graduates to:
- Empower patients/clients/families by teaching whole person healing and self-care practices for a healthier lifestyle.
- Assist individuals and families to manage stress, make healthy changes, and prevent disease by improving health and well-being.
- Guide individuals and families between the conventional allopathic medical system and complementary/alternative/integrative therapies and systems.
- Incorporate holistic integrative / CAM modalities with other nursing interventions.
- Work on integrated health teams
- Practice in any medical setting.
- Integrate reflection and self-care into personal and professional life.
Online RN-to-BSN coursework includes:
- Theoretical Foundations of Holistic Nursing
- The Nurse as Facilitator of Healing: Role and Modalities
- Community Health Nursing/Population Focused Healthcare
- Leadership in the Delivery of Healthcare
- Research in Nursing
- Issues and Trends
- Plus a variety of support courses and electives to choose from, including Medical Cannabis courses!
Online RN-to-BSN Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the RN-to-BSN program, the graduates will:
- Practice professional nursing from an informed, caring healing framework.
- Provide humanistic, holistic, high-quality care to individuals and families that reflects an understanding of the human condition and nursing management across the health-illness continuum, across the lifespan, and in all healthcare settings.
- Conduct comprehensive and focused holistic (physical, behavioral, psychological, spiritual, cultural, developmental, socioeconomic, environmental, energetic) assessments of health and illness parameters in clients/patients.
- Deliver compassionate, culturally competent, ethical, relationship-centered care that respects the individual and family preferences and values.
- Implement evidence-based nursing interventions as appropriate for managing acute and chronic care to maximize health, independence, and quality of life of individuals, diverse population groups, and communities.
- Utilize knowledge and skills for health promotion, wellness, risk reduction, and disease prevention for individuals, populations, and communities.
- Provide appropriate health teaching and health counseling that reflects developmental stage, age, culture, spirituality, individual preferences, and health literacy considerations to foster individual/ family engagement in their care.
- Use reflective practice and critical thinking skills as well as research and theory in the practice and evaluation of nursing care outcomes.
- Demonstrate skills in information and communication technology for documenting and evaluating safe and high-quality nursing care and client/patient outcomes.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the healthcare team, including other disciplines, the clients/patients and their support network.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, clinical judgment and accountability when delegating to and supervising other members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrate the safe and efficient use of conventional nursing interventions as well as complementary/alternative/integrative modalities.
- Advocate for access to and equitable distribution of quality health care for all citizens, particularly vulnerable populations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to self-reflection, self-care, and life- long learning.
- Practice within the ethical, legal, and regulatory frameworks of nursing and the standards of professional and holistic nursing practice.
- Demonstrate tolerance for the ambiguity and unpredictability of the world and its effect on the healthcare system as related to nursing practice.
Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Bachelor’s Completion Program
- Minimum of 31.5 Credits
- Coursework Online, Plus 2-Day Virtual or Onsite Retreat (depending on safety measures imposed by the pandemic)
- Full-Time (4 Terms) or Part-Time (7-9 Terms)
- Complete Your Clinical Requirements in Your Area
Federal Consumer Disclosure Information About This Program
For important information on program costs, completion and placement rates, median debt incurred, etc., please see the program disclosure document.
Nursing Program Articulation
The Pacific College Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Holistic Nursing) has articulation agreements with the following Associate Degree Nursing Programs. Students who are not yet RNs may begin their nursing education at one of these colleges. Upon completion of an Associate Degree in Nursing, students may continue on to the Pacific College BS Completion Program in Holistic Nursing with seamless transition (see links below):
- Queensborough Community College (Bayside, NY)
- Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences (NYC, NY)
Ready to Apply?
If you think a career in holistic medicine is something you would like to pursue, contact us and speak to an admissions representative to get started on your new journey!
For more information, call (855) 866-6767 or fill out our contact form to be contacted by a Pacific College representative.Apply Online