Online RN-to-BSN Program Option
Bachelor of Science in NursingNext term starts on May 6th, 2024!
RN-to-BSN Online Completion Program Option | Holistic Nursing
Pacific College’s AHNA award-winning program option offers a 42-60-credit on-line program of study. The RN-to-BSN degree program option can be completed in 4 terms as a full-time student, or 7-9 terms as a part-time student. Depending on your previous education, you would complete 12-18 didactic and clinical courses. This program option is a hybrid model where all didactic work can be completed online, and the one Community Health clinical practicum is completed in your geographic locale. Download brochure to learn more.
Graduate Testimonial on the RN-to-BSN Online Program Option:
“As a nurse, I was trained only to treat the physical aspect of illness in a patient and recognize medication interactions, but now I have begun to see the full picture. I have had true “wow” moments as I reached new understanding of some of the interactions in healing care. I was amazed that information on mindfulness meditation, quantum theory, theory of relativity, and neuroplasticity was included in my readings. I believe the Bachelor’s in Holistic Nursing is the “must do” for every single nurse seeking higher education and encourage more nurses to seek out this path of healing.” – Gladis Quintero, BSN Holistic Nurse, Reiki Master, Yoga Instructor, Massage Therapist
Is a Career in Holistic Nursing Right For You? This fun quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll receive a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style to help you determine what you are best suited for. Get your Holistic Nursing Career Readiness score now!
RN-to-BSN Program Option: Holistic Nursing Practice & Interconnectedness
A baccalaureate in nursing is the established educational criteria for professional nurses. The value-added component is a holistic Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing, which provides the philosophical, professional, educational, and clinical groundwork necessary for holistic nurse leaders of the future. The RN-to-BSN curriculum emphasizes self-care, health, wellness and disease prevention; relationship-centered approach; research and evidence informed practice; ethics; diversity & inclusion; advocacy; and authentic leadership in the profession and beyond. Our RN-to-BSN graduates are transformational leaders, capable of helping to shift the focus of healthcare paradigm from illness and disease to health promotion, wellness, and well-being for all.
Online RN-to-BSN Program Option Accreditation
The nursing programs at Pacific College of Health and Science are registered with the New York State Department of Education and approved by the Board of Regents.
Pacific College of Health and Science is accredited by: Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission – WASC (WSCUC): 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100; Alameda, CA; 94501; 510-748-9001; www.wscuc.org.
Pacific College of Health and Science’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN): 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850; Atlanta, GA, 30326; 404-975-5000; www.acenursing.org.
All nursing programs incorporate the standards of Holistic Nursing as published by the American Association of Holistic Nurses and the American Nurses Association (3rd edition, 2019) and course content is aligned with the test plans of certifications by the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC): 81 Linden Loop; Cedar Park, TX 78613; 900-463-0786, ext. 11; www.ahncc.org.
NY State Approved, WASC (WSCUC) Accredited, ACEN Accredited
About Holistic Nursing
Nursing is an art and science emanating from a caring-healing framework. Holistic nursing programs focus on healing the whole person, recognizing the interrelationship of the bio–psychosocial-cultural-spiritual-energetic-environmental dimensions of the person. It emphasizes protecting and promoting mental, spiritual, and emotional health and wellness and supporting people to find meaning, peace, and harmony. The holistic nurse who graduates from this online bachelor’s completion program, which includes online nursing certification components, partners with individuals, families, and communities to promote healing while honoring the individual’s subjective experience about health and illness.
“Increasingly, hospitals and other healthcare agencies require nurses to be well rounded, to protect and promote health and wellness, and to have their Bachelor’s Degree. As Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer, I look forward to having Pacific College’s Nursing graduates working at our institution.” Kimberly S. Glassman, PhD, RN, Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer – NYU Langone Medical Center
RN-to-BSN Online Program Option Outcomes
This online hybrid Bachelor of Science in nursing degree program option in holistic nursing enables graduates to:
- Empower patients/clients/families by teaching whole person healing and self-care practices for a healthier lifestyle.
- Assist individuals and families to manage stress, make healthy changes, and prevent disease by improving health and well-being.
- Guide individuals and families between the conventional allopathic medical system and complementary/alternative/integrative therapies and systems.
- Incorporate holistic integrative / CAM modalities with other nursing interventions.
- Work on integrated health teams.
- Practice in any healthcare or community setting.
- Integrate reflective practice, holistic consciousness, and self-care into personal and professional life.
Unique Online RN-to-BSN Coursework Includes:
- Theoretical Foundations of Holistic Nursing
- The Nurse as Facilitator of Healing: Role and Modalities
- Community Health Nursing/Population Focused Healthcare
- Human-Centered Leadership
- Research in Nursing
- Issues and Trends
- Plus a variety of support courses and electives to choose from, including Medical Cannabis courses!
Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing – RN-to-BSN Completion Program Option
- Minimum of 31.5 Credits
- Coursework Online, Plus 2-Day Virtual Retreat
- Full-Time (4 Terms) or Part-Time (7-9 Terms)
- Complete Your Clinical Requirements in Your Area
Federal Consumer Disclosure Information
For important information on program costs, completion and placement rates, median debt incurred, etc., please see the program disclosure document.
Federal Consumer Disclosure Information
A Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing is a qualification for nurses seeking a career in the healthcare industry. In the United States, the demand for bachelors of nursing degree as a holistic nurse has been steadily increasing as healthcare organizations recognize the importance of a holistic approach to patient care. Here are some potential career paths to consider:
- Registered Nurse (RN): with a bachelors of nursing degree, you can become a registered nurse and work in various healthcare settings such as hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities, and home health agencies.
- Holistic Nurse: As a holistic nurse, you will integrate complementary and alternative therapies with traditional nursing practices to promote healing and wellness. You may incorporate techniques such as acupuncture, therapeutic touch, aromatherapy, and mindfulness into your patient care.
- Nurse Educator: With a BSN, you can pursue a career in nursing education. As a nurse educator, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of nursing by teaching aspiring nurses in academic settings.
- Nurse Researcher: If you have a passion for advancing nursing knowledge and improving patient care, a BSN degree can be a stepping stone to a career in nursing research. As a nurse researcher, you can contribute to the development of evidence-based practices and participate in studies that explore the effectiveness of holistic interventions in healthcare settings.
- Nurse Manager/Administrator: With a BSN, you can pursue leadership roles within healthcare organizations. Nurse managers or administrators are responsible for overseeing nursing departments, managing budgets, coordinating patient care services, and implementing holistic care strategies within their units.
For those who are already working as registered nurses (RNs), there are also options to pursue an RN-to-BSN program option, which allows them to obtain a BSN while working. Many universities and colleges offer online and accelerated programs to make the transition convenient and affordable. Researching “cheap RN-to-BSN online” or “accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs” can help you find suitable options for advancing your nursing career.
This program opens up a world of opportunities for nurses interested in holistic care. Whether you choose to work as a holistic nurse, nurse educator, researcher, or nurse manager, your BSN will provide you with a strong foundation to deliver comprehensive, patient-centered care.
What to Expect From an Online RN-to-BSN Program
With the flexibility offered by online education, the popularity of online RN-to-BSN programs has soared. Online RN-to-BSN programs provide a convenient pathway for registered nurses to earn their bachelor’s degree while maintaining their professional commitments. Fast track RN-to-BSN online programs provide an accelerated pathway for registered nurses to earn their nurse bachelor degree.
- Comprehensive Curriculum: the best online RN-to-BSN program curriculum designed to build upon the knowledge and skills acquired through previous nursing education and experience. Courses typically cover a range of topics including advanced nursing practice, community health, leadership and management, evidence-based practice, and research methodologies.
- Holistic Nursing Approach: holistic nursing is an approach that recognizes the interconnectedness of the mind, body, and spirit in promoting health and healing. Many online RN-to-BSN programs now incorporate elements of holistic nursing into their curriculum. Students can expect to explore topics such as integrative therapies, complementary and alternative medicine, mindfulness, self-care, and the promotion of overall well-being in patient care.
- Interactive Learning: although online, the best RN-to-BSN programs strive to create an engaging and interactive learning environment. Through the use of virtual simulations, case studies, online discussion boards, and collaborative projects, students can interact with faculty and fellow classmates, fostering a sense of community and enhancing the learning experience.
Earn Your RN-to-BSN Online from an Accredited Nursing School
Online RN-to-BSN programs have gained popularity because these programs cater to the needs of working nurses, allowing them to continue their education while balancing professional and personal commitments. By opting for an accredited nursing school, you can be confident in the quality and recognition of your degree upon completion.
A Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree equips nurses with the advanced knowledge and skills necessary for providing comprehensive patient care. The curriculum of online RN-to-BSN programs builds upon the foundational training and experience acquired during RN education. Many online RN-to-BSN nursing programs incorporate holistic nursing principles into their curriculum. Choosing an accredited bachelor in science of nursing schools is vital to ensure quality education and future career prospects. Reputable nursing schools employ experienced faculty members who possess advanced degrees and extensive clinical experience. Whether you seek career advancement, a deeper understanding of holistic nursing, or opportunities for further education, online BSN programs offer an accessible pathway to achieving your goals.
Ready to Apply?
If you think a career in holistic medicine is something you would like to pursue, contact us and speak to an admissions representative to get started on your new journey!
For more information, call (855) 866-6767 or fill out our contact form to be contacted by a Pacific College representative.
RN-to-BSN Program Option FAQ
Who is eligible for the RN-to-BSN at Pacific College of Health and Science?
- RN license
- GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Proficient in English language