Medical Cannabis Information and ResourcesNext term starts on January 8th, 2024!
In this section, we will aim to provide a wide variety of information and resources about medical cannabis, its application, and legal ramifications. We will update the links as often as needed, and welcome your suggestions at [email protected]. Thank you.
Medical Cannabis Program by State
In the U.S., there is a patchwork quilt of medical cannabis laws that constantly evolve. This can be a nightmare for medical professionals and patients who are trying to navigate the various regulatory schemes. It is, of course, important to recall that on the federal level, cannabis is still a Schedule I drug and is defined as having “no accepted medical use in the U.S.”
For discussion purposes, there are basically two types of state laws: those that allow access to the full plant (in various delivery forms) and those that allow access to CBD-only drugs. The link below to the National Conference of State Legislature provides an overview and comparison of medical cannabis laws by state, and links to more detailed information and laws for each state.
Please visit the following link for more information on state medical cannabis laws from the National Conference of State Legislature: http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/state-medical-marijuana-laws.aspx.
- Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research – Home page of University of California’s Center for Cannabis Research https://www.cmcr.ucsd.edu
- Cannabis Nurses Network https://www.cannabisnursesnetwork.com/
- Project CBD: https://www.projectcbd.org
- Americans for Safe Access: https://www.safeaccessnow.org
- Society of Cannabis Clinicians: https://www.cannabisclinicians.org
- Doctors for Cannabis Regulation: https://dfcr.org
- Cannabis MD: https://cannabismd.com
- Blog articles by By Denise Foster, PhD, MSN, RN, CNE, Adjunct Faculty at Pacific College https://www.pacificcollege.edu/news/blog/2019/08/29/cannabis-travels-the-world-as-the-us-descends-into-reefer-madness
- 11 Ways Healthcare Providers Use CBD To Improve Health and Wellness (Infographic) https://www.pacificcollege.edu/news/blog/2019/06/14/11-ways-healthcare-providers-use-cbd-for-improving-health-wellness