NEW AT PACIFIC COLLEGE! Cosmetic Acupuncture Certificate
Now enrolling for the January 2023 start!
The Academy of Advanced Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture™ has partnered with Pacific College to present Facial Applications for Cosmetic Enhancement (FACE).
This cutting-edge Cosmetic Acupuncture Certificate offers a flexible combination of virtual interactive classroom learning, as well as hands-on, intensive clinical mentorship and training.
In addition to the Eastern medicine core style of cosmetic acupuncture training, participants will be introduced to skills and strategies developed and mastered by internationally renowned leaders in their fields, including Shellie Goldstein, Matt Callison, Michelle Gellis, Deirdre Courtney, Daniella Turley, Carrie Hart, and Chrysso Neophytou-Tsimis.
At this time, this advanced training and mentoring program is currently offered exclusively to licensed acupuncture professionals and advanced level Pacific College students who are interested in enhancing their facial acupuncture skills to grow their practice, or in pursuing a career focused on cosmetic facial acupuncture.
This certificate program qualifies for
8 credits of college education and up to 96 hours of NCCAOM and CA PDA/CEUs (including 2 safety and 2 ethics)
FACE Cosmetic Acupuncture Certificate Overview
8 Credits/up to 96 CEUs (includes Safety & Ethics)
Hybrid Program: 97.5 hours of virtual class-time hours + 45 hours of on-campus, hands-on training
Elite faculty of expert cosmetic acupuncture specialists
Pacific College of Health and Science is accredited by WSCUC
As Eastern medicine practitioners increasingly move into a more integrated healthcare system, it is important for FACE specialists to:
• be rooted in their Eastern medicine area of expertise
• be knowledgeable about Western alternatives
• be able to speak the language of both Eastern and Western concepts as they apply to FACE
• be able to interface with other practitioners (East/West)
• learn to integrate Eastern medicine treatments with Western medicine knowledge
In keeping with today’s focus on integrative healthcare, the 2023 FACE program will incorporate functional medicine concepts as they apply to aging, facial changes, facial esthetics, and aging concerns.
Semester 1 – FACE THEORY & CLINIC
- 112.5 hours:
- 60 didactic hours January-April 2023 (Wednesdays 9am-1pm Pacific Time)
- 12.5 hours of assignments (5 of which will be post-clinical)
- 5 days (40 hours) of live hands-on mentorship and clinical training:
- April 11-15, 2023 at the San Diego campus
- OR April 17-21, 2023 at the New York City campus
Semester 2 – FACE CASE STUDIES & PRESENTATIONS
- 28 hours of online, case study reviews over the course of 15 weeks
- 2 hours of assignments
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE
- Anatomy, physiology, and morphology of the face (East & West)
- Facial diagnosis (East and West)
- Chinese medicine acupuncture strategies and points for cosmetic facial acupuncture
- Five Element acupuncture strategies and points for cosmetic facial acupuncture
- Treatment strategies and protocols for menopause and post-menopause
- Motor points for neurological disorders, TMD, and idiopathic disorders of the face
- Pathophysiology and treatment of skin and skin disorders (East and West)
- Epigenetics, DNA methylation, and bioaging
- Science-based dietary changes to improve skin conditions and signs of aging
- Beauty herbs, nutrition, and supplementation
- Ancillary services for enhancing treatment results and building business revenue
- Case studies, research, and more!