We appreciate the service you’ve provided for our country. You’ve worked hard and made sacrifices for others. Now, it’s time to do something for you.
At its heart, Oriental medicine is about service, but it’s also about the practitioner. We’re here to help you take the next step on your path. Are you ready to start your next chapter?
Pacific College of Health and Science (PCOM) is one of the oldest and largest accredited institutions training professionals in the areas of Oriental medicine, acupuncture, massage and Chinese herbal medicine. Founded in 1986, with the mission of training primary healthcare providers in the field of Oriental medicine, PCOM has campuses in San Diego, New York and Chicago.
At Pacific College, we believe that integrative medicine is the future of healthcare. The Western healthcare system is rapidly changing to fit this new mold. We offer a wide variety of programs that can be entered from different levels, from a certificate to a doctorate.
Experienced holistic health practitioners have never been as in demand as they are now. Our programs prepare students to be on the cutting edge of the industry, with the ability to collaborate with Western physicians to help patients maintain optimal health and balance.
Are You Interested in Becoming an ACUPUNCTURIST?
Acupuncturists are holistic healers with a unique skill set. An Oriental medicine treatment takes the full person into account: mind, body and spirit. If Oriental medicine has interested you in the past as a patient and a veteran, imagine how rewarding it can be as a practitioner giving back to other veterans.
Are you interested in studying an ancient healing system with a modern approach? Do you ever wonder what kind of healing methods you would be able to use as an acupuncturist?
- Use acupuncture, massage, Chinese herbology, nutrition, therapeutic taiji and more
- Study ancient and modern approaches to holistic healthcare
- Offer your patients natural choices for healing
- Learn Western and Oriental medicine – the best of both worlds
Are You Interested in Becoming a MASSAGE THERAPIST?
“Asian bodywork” is a term that encompasses many different Eastern massage techniques. Each technique has a different effect and can be used to treat specific health concerns from injury-related pain and mobility problems to emotional conditions, such as anxiety or insomnia.
What makes a massage therapist with an Asian bodywork background stand out in the crowd?
- In addition to being familiar with Western forms of massage, you’ll be able to perform an array of Asian massage techniques (such as Tui Na, Shiatsu and Thai massage)
- In the course of your program, you’ll have had an introduction to Oriental medicine and understand the body both anatomically and with a mind, body, spirit approach
- Our program offers you a rich background in multiple massage techniques and how to treat a variety of specific health ailments (massage can provide more than just relaxation)
- A holistic approach – see the whole picture
We support and accept the GI Bill ® . We also offer Financial Aid for those who qualify.
We’re committed to helping you reach your career goals. If you need help, let us guide you in the right direction and use the available financial resources to your greatest advantage. Contact us today for a no obligation campus tour or to schedule a call with an admissions reprsentative.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov.