Dear Pacific College of Health and Science Community,
We are pleased to share that Pacific College of Health and Science (OPEID ID 030277-00) received $561,804.00 as part of the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act in support of students.
Colleges and universities across the nation are receiving this funding from the U.S. Department of Education. Thousands of eligible undergraduate and graduate students who have experienced financial challenges due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic will receive the bulk of this aid.
Of the $561,804.00 awarded, half will be available for CARES Act emergency funds to help eligible students with food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and childcare. The remaining allocation is intended for colleges to partially cover unanticipated COVID-19-related expenses, helping to retain critical faculty and staff, and to provide partial support for addressing health, technology, or other needs in preparation for the Fall.
Per guidance of the Department of Education, Pacific College of Health and Science Office of Financial Aid used Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Applications for Emergency Aid data submitted by students to determine students’ eligibility and to disperse CARES Act funding to those who are currently eligible. The Office of Financial Aid continued to accept Emergency Aid Applications until November 24, 2020 when the funds available had been fully disbursed. Please submit applications to [email protected] Link to application here
Eligibility and the Disbursement Process
The U.S. Department of Education requires students to meet Title IV eligibility to receive this CARES Act funding. More information about this eligibility and the disbursement process is below.
Pacific College of Health and Science Office of Financial Aid has already contacted all eligible students, determined as having a FAFSA on file and having submitted an Application for Emergency Aid; Undergraduate and graduate students, based on eligibility, have been mailed checks beginning May 20, 2020.
We know how challenging and financially difficult the pandemic has been for some members of our community. We appreciate having the support of the U.S. Department of Education. Our hope is that the federal funds offered will further reduce burdens faced by our students and their families.
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Emergency Funds Report
Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
February 14, 2021 – Pacific College of Health and Science 45-day Report
Pacific College of Health and Science (OPEID ID: 030277-00) has signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
The institution appreciates that Congress and the President have made these critical funds available for eligible students who have expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus pandemic. We take receipt of these federal funds seriously and are distributing them in accordance with the CARES Act and implementing guidance.
The institution is making the below information available for transparency purposes and in compliance with the U.S. Department of Education’s (“Department”) Electronic Announcement of May 6, 2020. For questions or concerns regarding this Fund Report, please contact Beatrice Smith, Vice President of Financial Aid at [email protected]
1) The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.: $561,804.00
2) The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the 30-day Report and every 45 days thereafter). As of February 14, 2021 the amount disbursed is $280,937.00
3) The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act: 1398 students are estimated to be eligible
4) Total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant payment as of February 14, 2021 is 541 students.
5) The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive: Professional Judgement based on Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Applications for Emergency Aid data.
6) Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants: May 04, 2020 email from Pacific College of Health and Science President, Jack Miller, included an announcement letter and the emergency aid application.
- HEERF Report 5/20/2020
- HEERF Report 7/14/2020
- HEERF Report 8/28/2020
- HEERF Report 10/16/2020
- HEERF Report 11/26/2020 – Final Report
- HEERF Report 12/31/2020
- HEERF Report 2/14/2021
- HEERF Report 10/07/2021
Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reports