Provide Holistic Healing and Improve Care in San Diego
The Pacific College acupuncture program in San Diego offers an unparalleled educational experience to students seeking to join the holistic healthcare movement. Alternative care is continuing to grow in popularity, and healthcare organizations are actively searching for talented holistic health professionals. The Pacific College in San Diego prepares students for lifelong careers in the acupuncture field, and our diverse faculty consists of practicing acupuncturists, experienced industry professionals, herbalists, homeopaths, and Taoist practitioners. Classes cover the subjects of physiology, pharmacology, nutrition, pathophysiology, Chinese herbs, tui na, traditional Chinese medical theory and techniques, as well as anatomy and acupuncture points and meridians. Upon graduation from the Pacific College acupuncture and Chinese medicine school in San Diego, graduates will possess a unique competitive edge over other acupuncturists—a practical and applicable understanding of holistic healing combined with cutting-edge biomedicine.
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (DACM): This entry-level doctorate in Chinese medicine trains practitioners to function as primary, independent healthcare providers and most importantly, to become integral to the modern healthcare system. The program makes students eligible for the California state licensure exams as well as the national certification examinations. Learn more >>
- Master of Science in Traditional Oriental Medicine (MSTOM): This program makes students eligible for the California state licensure exams as well as the national certification examinations, which enable students to become licensed in the remaining states that regulate acupuncture colleges and Oriental medicine schools. Learn more >>
- Transitional Doctorate for Master’s Graduates: Pacific College of Oriental Medicine has designed this pathway for acupuncturists who already have their master’s (or equivalent) to continue their work and receive their doctorate. Learn more >>
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine DAOM (Post-Graduate): The purpose of this post-graduate doctor of Oriental medicine and acupuncture education program is to foster self-directed learning and critical thinking skills within the framework of a traditional Chinese medicine school, to the point at which they become defining characteristics of the graduate's professionalism. Learn more >>
- Gain unique hands-on experience through on-campus clinics
- Immerse yourself in the exhilarating experiences of our externship programs
- Network with integrated health professionals at our community health and wellness events
- Build a schedule that works for you with evening and day classes available
- Explore financial aid options
The World Health Organization cites acupuncture as an effective treatment for over 43 different disorders, illnesses, and conditions that include back pain, headaches, insomnia, sciatica, sports injuries, heart problems, depression, and stress. The medical community also openly advocates for acupuncture; in fact, the American College of Physicians recently issued new guidelines that recommend acupuncture over opioids for treating pain. And in 2011, CNS Neuroscience and Therapeutics published a review that shows acupuncture as being a comparable alternative to cognitive-behavioral therapy in treating anxiety.
With an estimated 20 percent of the U.S. population suffering from lower back pain, acupuncture is gaining wider appeal among healthcare professionals as an alternative method of effective treatment. As the healthcare industry begins to fully embrace acupuncture, the demand for trained acupuncturists with a background in biomedicine and holistic healing is expected to grow steadily. The Pacific College in San Diego offers a curriculum grounded in Eastern holistic healing practices and Western biomedical science, makes invaluable contributions to the field of holistic care, and prepares students for lifelong careers in acupuncture.
Who Should Choose This Program?
At the Pacific College acupuncture school in San Diego, students turn their passion for natural healing into a career of providing alternative care to change lives for the better. Health-conscious individuals who are eager to learn the art of holistic healing and master the latest techniques in biomedical science-based care will find that the Pacific College in San Diego can help them to accomplish their career goals.
The acupuncture school in San Diego encourages both aspiring and current healthcare practitioners to learn a variety of alternative medicine theories and biomedicine techniques. The program was designed for those seeking to deepen their understanding of the role of alternative medicine in the modern healthcare system and for those interested in exploring the practical applications of holistic healing. Our program challenges students to develop personally and professionally to become leaders within the community of acupuncturists. As the field of acupuncture progresses in conjunction with the developments in modern biomedical science, acupuncturists will be at the forefront of educating the medical community as well as their clients in the value of integrated care.
“The vibrancy of a community acupuncture clinic is exhilarating; being able to serve the community while providing other acupuncturists with jobs is great. The best thing about Pacific College of Oriental Medicine is being exposed to a diverse faculty with such a wide breadth of styles, theories, and clinical experience.”
-Robbie Benhuri, LAc, MSTOM
In January 2014, the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine reported that there were approximately 30,000 licensed acupuncturists actively working. Acupuncturists can find employment at physical therapy and chiropractor offices, educational institutions, spas, clinics, hospitals, and national and state agencies. Additionally, new recommendations that state that acupuncture is an effective alternative to treating pain will only drive up the demand for acupuncturists.
Since 1986, those with a calling to heal and promote overall health in the mind and body have been led to the programs at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. Graduates are prepared to both prevent and remedy pain, discomfort, and disease through practices such as massage therapy, acupuncture, and holistic nursing.
Pacific College prepares students for careers as healing practitioners through an intersection of Eastern healthcare practices and Western bioscience with a strong hands-on clinical component. All three campus locations feature student clinics where learning practitioners serve the needs of real clients.
Ready to Apply?
If you think a career in holistic medicine is something you would like to pursue, contact us and speak to an admissions representative to get started on your new journey! For more information, call (855) 866-6767 or fill out our contact form to be contacted by a Pacific College representative.
Pacific College - San Diego Location