How do I transfer financial aid between Pacific College campuses?

If you are planning to transfer between campuses at Pacific College, you must complete some important steps for a smooth academic and financial aid transfers.

First, you need to submit a request for transfer to the Registrar at the campus you are currently attending.

Next, you should contact the Financial Aid Office in San Diego so that we can review your file and determine what needs to be done to re-process your financial aid at the different campus. Depending on when you transfer, we sometimes need to cancel and re-process the upcoming loan disbursements.

How does Financial Aid work?

There are 4 required FA items that must be completed for the initial FA processing*. Once these items are completed and reviewed, there may be additional documentation requested to clear certain codes, alerts or statuses determined by the DOE and or the Financial Aid Department.

*FAFSA, MPN, EC and FA Certification form (you will receive a welcome letter with FA links)

How is Financial Aid determined?

The types and amount of Financial Aid awarded to students are determined by comparing the Expected Family Contribution (EFC), an amount determined by the FAFSA, with the estimated cost of attendance at Pacific College of Health and Science (please be advised COA varies by campus). When the EFC is lower than the estimated cost of attendance, the student is eligible for more need-based aid, such as grants and work-study. Students who are not eligible for need-based aid, however, will still be eligible for other types of aid, including loans. Almost every student will have some form of loan in their Financial Aid Award Letter. Students must be actively enrolled in 6 units or more per term to be eligible for Federal Student Aid. Students enrolled in the Massage Therapy program must be actively enrolled in 12 units per term to be eligible for FA.

Can I receive Financial Aid at 2 schools at the same time?

No. You can only receive financial aid for one program at a time and at one school at a time per open loan period.

If I take a leave of absence, do I have to start repaying my loans?

No. The Federal student loans have a grace period of 6 months before the student must begin repaying the loan. When you take a leave of absence you will not have to repay your loan until the grace period is used up. If you use up the grace period, however, when you graduate you will have to begin repaying your loan immediately. It is possible to request an extension to the grace period, but this must be done before the grace period is used up.
If your grace period has run out in the middle of your leave of absence, you will have to start making payments on your student loans.

Do I need a new FAFSA every year?

We process financial aid every academic year (2 terms). Depending on the term you are enrolling in, we may be able to use the same FAFSA (between July to June of the following year).

When do I get my financial aid funds?

If all the required FA items are completed and submitted by the priority deadline, federal financial aid will be disbursed to student accounts by the end of the 3rd week of class. Federal Student Loans will be disbursed first. The following week Federal Pell Grant will be disbursed. We do work with late entries and will process financial aid in order that the late documents are received.

Is there a limit of financial aid I can receive?

Yes, there is an Aggregate Loan Limit of Federal Student loans you can receive throughout your Undergraduate and Graduate career. The aggregate limit is $138,500 for graduate level students. The aggregate limit for Undergraduate students is $31,000 for dependent students and $57,500 for independent students.

Can I return my Stipend check back to the lender?

Yes, if you do not want the stipend check, you may return the check back to the financial aid office within 14 days of the date of the check and we will return it to the lender on your behalf. You will not be charged interest on the returned amount only.

Can I get a deferment of payment on my loans while in school?

Yes, if you are eligible for deferment, the FA Office can assist you with this.
Your loan payments can be deferred while you are in school, enrolled in a degree seeking program, and taking at least 6 or more units per term. You may obtain a deferment form from the FA office or provide your specific lender’s deferment form to the FA office. Please note that your signature is required on the form, as well as demographic information and the Name and Address (or FAX number) of the lender/servicer that needs to be notified of your current enrollment. Incomplete forms cannot be processed.

What is the FAFSA School Code?

  • San Diego: 030277
  • Chicago: E00983
  • New York: E00911
Request Information

Enter your information and start moving toward a career you love!

By clicking the "Send Request" button below, I consent to representatives of Pacific College and Health Science contacting me about furthering my education via email, text, and phone number, including my mobile phone number if provided above, using an automatic dialer or prerecorded message. I understand that my consent is not a requirement for enrollment, and I may withdraw my consent at any time.

* Required.