Holistic Nursing EducationExperience Personal and Profession Transformation with an MSN Degree Focused on Holistic Nursing Education or Nurse Coaching
The purpose of the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program is to prepare nurses to provide high-quality holistic nursing education and coaching. This groundbreaking 40-credit program features a focus on holistic and integrative healthcare, and includes cutting-edge and advanced nursing classes such as psychoneuroimmunology, advanced holistic pharmacology, and a medical cannabis specialization option. The didactic course work is 100% online, while the clinical and lab components take place in the student’s locale/community. The program is credentialed under the umbrella of Pacific College’s prestigious WSCUC accreditation.
The first nurse coach graduate program in the United States! Includes entrepreneurship course and access to Pacific College’s medical cannabis certificate courses!
Many hospitals and healthcare settings are moving to integrative healthcare (IHC) due to patient demand for complementary healthcare services. Pacific College of Health and Science’s Master of Science in Nursing teaches students to use evidence-based scientific and holistic knowledge as a foundation for their roles in nursing education and coaching.
Students will also deepen their understanding of cutting-edge integrative and healing modalities and educate/coach patients about them. Graduates of the MSN nursing program will be prepared to work as nursing school faculty members, nursing professional development specialists, or nurse coaches in integrative and holistic healthcare settings.
22 CORE CREDITS
18 SPECIALIZED-TRACK CREDITS
TOTAL : 40 CREDITS
Upon completion, you will be able to sit for the appropriate holistic nurse, advanced holistic nurse or nurse coach board certification exams offered through the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC). With the appropriate number of clinical hours, you may also be able to sit for the board certification exams for the Nurse Educator or Nurse Professional Development Specialist. The pre-requisite for entering the MSN program is a bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN).
MSN PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Holistic Health Education Focus
Innovative Curriculum & Electives
including access to medical cannabis courses
Course Work 100% Online
2 Tracks - Nurse Educator/Nurse Professional Development Specialist, or Nurse Coach
Pacific College of Health and Science is Accredited by WSCUC
THEN SELECT 1 OF 2 TRACKS LISTED BELOW
Click on one of the 2 tracks below
- Role of the Holistic Nurse Coach (3 credits)
- Coaching Techniques with Diverse Populations Across the Lifespan (3 credits)
- Coaching Process and Holistic Nursing Assessment (3 credits)
- Entrepreneurship within the Integrative Care Landscape (3 credits)
- Holistic Nurse Coach Practicum I (3 credits)
- Nurse Coach Practicum II and Capstone (3 credits)
Total: 18 credits
NURSE EDUCATOR – Professional Development Specialist:
- Role of the Holistic Nurse Educator /
Professional Development Specialist (3 credits)
- Holistic Teaching and Evaluation Methods for Nursing Education (3 credits)
- Curriculum Design, Implementation, and Assessment (3 credits)
- Educational Technologies and Informatics for Teaching and Professional Development (3 credits)
- Professional Development Specialist Practicum I (3 credits)
- Professional Development Specialist Practicum and Capstone (3 credits)
Total: 18 credits
MSN Career Opportunities
Graduates of the MSN degree program will work in the following settings:
- Academia (community colleges and 4-year universities and colleges).
- Hospitals or other traditional or non-traditional healthcare settings with a focus on patient education, change management, nursing and interprofessional development.
- Healthcare systems with a focus on coaching and wellness.
- Private practice consulting organizations with individuals, groups, organizations, systems, or communities
MSN Program Admissions Prerequisites
Basic qualifications for acceptance into our MSN Nursing Program:
- BSN: From an accredited nursing program (regionally accredited and CCNE, ACEN or NLN accredited)
- GPA of 3.0: Official Cumulative GPA
MSN Program Financial Aid Information
Financial Aid Available For Those Who Qualify
- Need 6 credits/trimester to get financial aid
- Pacific College financial aid information
- FAFSA Application Information and Deadlines
- Nursing Scholarship Links
MSN Program Application Checklist
- RN License: Current and in good standing
- Official Transcripts: From all higher education schools attended
- Resume or CV: Concise and easy to read
- Two Written References
- Personal Statement:
- Respond to this question: What is your understanding of holistic nursing? Why are you applying for a Master’s Degree in holistic nursing education or to be a holistic nurse coach? What are your nursing practice goals? What strategies for success can you identify for this fully online learning experience?
- Written, 3 pages, double-spaced, 12 font
- $50 Application Fee