September 8, 2020
Students, Faculty and Staff,
I hope over the break that all of you have had a chance to decompress and rejuvenate while away from school. On the eve of the fall term, I wanted to follow up to last weekend’s email with additional information regarding re-opening. I apologize for another lengthy email. If you have trouble loading the email, you can also find the contents of the message posted in our Pacific Hub here. For those coming to campus next week, if you have limited time, please ensure you read the two sections highlighted in yellow (“Instructions for Coming to Campus” and “Upon Arrival”)
Clinic and Practical Class Training:
In last week’s email I noted that training would be set up in Moodle and students would need to complete the training, ideally before coming back to campus. I provided advance access to the training in student hub, but I will need all students to go into their Moodle course shells and review the slides and attest that they have completed their assigned training(s). The classes are self-paced, so if you already reviewed the slides in student hub, it should not take you long to do a quick review in Moodle and mark that you have completed the training.
Depending on your program and if you’ll be in the clinic, you might be enrolled in more than one orientation course.
The CH courses are:
- Clinic orientation course – CLINICORIENTATION.01.2020F.CH
- Massage orientation course – MTORIENTATION.01.2020F.CH
- Acupuncture orientation course – ACUORIENTATION.01.2020F.CH
In addition to the training, all students must read and agree to the COVID Student Safety and Reopening Policy which can be found here.
Instructions for Coming to Campus:
All students, faculty and staff must complete a pre-screening prior to coming to the campus 17th or 21st floors. We have developed a screening form you can use from your phone, computer or tablet. The form allows you to confirm you are free of symptoms and that you have not been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. You will need to do this each day that you are physically coming to campus. Once completed you will receive email instructions on how to proceed and where to go on campus to finalize your screening.
Here is the link to the form. We recommend you bookmark this link in your browser and that you also add it as an icon on the homepage of your phone (instructions for adding as an icon to your phone homepage can be found here).
The screening form is also easily accessible on StudentHub (https://studenthub.pacificcollege.edu). Once on Student hub you’ll see a section that says “ Covid-19 Campus Self-Health Screening”. Click on the link that says “Go to Form”.
If you respond “no” to all the pre-screening questions, you will get this message:
You will then receive an email confirmation that you will need to show at the campus check-in station.
When entering the building, please ensure that you have a proper face covering and follow social distancing guidelines at all times.
17th Floor Classrooms
Students going to practical classes should go to the 17th floor and follow signs to check-in at the student lounge and get their temperature checks. You must present your pre-screening confirmation email to the check in person. Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes prior to their class time to go through the screening process (also note I have updated the floor plan for the 17th floor and modified the check in point. You can find the new floor map here).
21st Floor Clinic
Students going to clinic should go to the new 21st floor clinic entrance and. please follow signs to check-in and get their temperature checks. You must present your pre-screening confirmation email to the check-in person. Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes prior to their clinic time to go through the screening process (You can also find the 21st floor map here).
Once checked in, you will receive a wrist band or sticker noting you have been screened and are approved to move around the campus while maintaining social distancing and proper face masks.
COVID-19 Diagnosis, Exposure and/or Symptoms Notification
- Students, faculty and staff who report any of the listed symptoms are required to:
- Go a minimum of three days without symptoms before returning to class or clinic
- Students, faculty and staff are required to get permission to return to campus
- Students, faculty and staff who suspect they have COVID-19 should immediately get tested and await a negative result before returning to campus
- Students, faculty and staff who contract COVID-19 or who come into contact with someone are required to contact the school and follow instructions before returning to campus.
As we open PCHS for limited activity in the fall, we will need to remain flexible and highly communicative. Here are a couple of items or things to be aware of.
- Town halls will be every other week starting Thursday September 17th at 4:00 pm through Mid-October for questions and communication
- If you have not already, please review the COVID 19 preparedness plan is linked to the website (https://www.pacificcollege.edu/news/tag/covid-19-information).
Additional Supplemental Information:
Monday & Wednesday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday – Sunday: Closed
Library Services available:
- Check out library materials – Students should request books using this form in advance of coming to the library.
- Read Reserve and Reference books – These books may not leave the library.
- Use the computers
- Use the printer/copier
- Library has 2 computer stations and 5 study stations. Appointments can be made here.
- Return checked out library materials – Place items in the library return drop box in the student lounge only
Please contact Janet Harper if you have any questions regarding the library.
- Students who still have lockers from the winter term can keep their current locker if they will be on ground in the fall
- Students with lockers who will not be on ground can either:
- Make arrangements to pick up their locker contents no later than Friday Sept 11th 2020
- Give us the combination and we will bag and secure your items until you can pick them up
- Students with lockers who will not be on ground can either:
- Students who wish to secure a locker can request one via an online form
- Lockers are first come, first serve
- Only key locks may be used in the fall to ensure quick access
As a final reminder, you can find the contact information and book appointments with any of the staff by following this link.
We look forward to seeing those of you who are taking practical classes and clinic next week,
Dave Frech, MSTOM, CWC
Chicago Campus Director