In this powerful webinar that was deleted by YouTube from our channel after almost 15000 views, our featured guest, Dr. John Chen, PhD, PharmD, OMD, LAc, from Evergreen Herbs, discusses how coronavirus (Covid-19) is currently being treated with Traditional Chinese Medicine in China.
Dr. Chen provides a brief discussion on the pathology and treatment from the Western medicine perspective, then goes into a detailed discussion on the pattern differentiation and treatment from the TCM perspective. Dr. Chen describes how to treat coronavirus with Traditional Chinese Medicine.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
• How herbs work based on Chinese herbology
• How herbs work based on Western pharmacology
• What to use as substitutes if certain herbs are unavailable, such as Ma Huang (Herba Ephedrae) and Xi Xin (Radix et Rhizoma Asari)
• Acupuncture protocol
• What TCM practitioners can do in the U.S.
WHO SHOULD WATCH:
• Practitioners or students looking to learn more about the coronavirus (Covid-19)
• Practitioners looking to learn more about treating the coronavirus (Covid-19) with acupuncture and Chinese herbs
• Practitioners and students with questions about the coronavirus (Covid-19)
ABOUT DR. John Chen, PharmD, PhD, OMD, LAc
Medical Consultant, Evergreen Herbs & Medical Supplies
Dr. John Chen’s participation in the family tradition has led him to become a recognized authority in both western pharmacology and Chinese Herbal Medicine. He has taught herbology and pharmacology at:
- University of Southern California School of Pharmacy
- University of California, San Francisco School of Pharmacy
- Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, California
- Emperor’s College of Traditional Oriental Medicine, Santa Monica, California
- Yo San University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Los Angeles, California
- Bastyr University, Seattle, Washington
- Five Branches Institute, San Jose, California
- Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Portland, Oregon
- Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin, Texas
- Southern California University of Health Sciences, Whittier, California
- American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, San Francisco, California
He has also given seminars on herb-drug interactions for regional and national associations and organizations, including:
- The American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- The California State Oriental Medical Association
- The Queen’s Physician Group of Hawaii
- The North Carolina Acupuncture Association
Dr. Chen is currently a member of the Herbal Medicine Committee for the American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine; he is an herbal consultant for the California State Oriental Medical Association and is on the review/editorial committee for American Herbal Pharmacopoeia, the University of Arizona Integrative Medicine Program, and the American Academy of Medical Acupuncture.
Dr. Chen has published numerous articles and several books. His most recently published works are Chinese Medical Herbology and Pharmacology (2003, AOM Press) and Chinese Herbal Formulas and Applications (2008, AOM Press) for which he was lead author.
Interested in becoming a certified acupuncture professional? Visit the campus web site nearest you: