Pacific College of Health and Science is seeking a dynamic individual for the position of adjunct faculty for Public Health Education at our San Diego/Online Campus.
We are seeking a faculty member with exceptional communication skills who has a passion for teaching, and whose enthusiasm for the subject matter will be an inspiration to our students. The successful candidate will be expected to be knowledgeable in public health concepts and experienced with online learning.
Job Summary: Adjunct Faculty/ Curriculum Developer for Public Health. Adjunct Faculty/Curriculum Writer serves as a subject matter expert within their assigned discipline and serves as a course-writer and to participate on various program committees. Experience with public health education online curriculum/course development is a must. (The focus areas for this posting include Epidemiology and Public Health Policy)
- Master’s degree in public health with experience in applied pathophysiology, health administration, or health education or equivalent
- Terminal degree required for graduate courses, with at least 18 credit hours required in the field of study delivered.
- Experience and professional practice in epidemiology, health policy, or health administration (at least 3-5 years).
- Experience in asynchronous and synchronous online teaching
PhD in Public Health (preferred)
- Experience in university level online teaching preferred (2-5 years).
- Experience with Quality Matters (preferred)
Experience with Blackboard, Moodle, Brightspace, or other online platforms
- CHES or MCHES (preferred)
- An extensive teaching resume coupled with a student-centered teaching philosophy
- Familiarity with instructional technology
Application deadline: Tuesday, September 15, 2020. To apply, please send a cover letter describing qualifications and resume/CV, to Janna Owens at [email protected]e.edu
Pacific College of Health and Science is one of the oldest and largest accredited institutions training professionals in the areas of Chinese medicine, acupuncture, massage and Chinese herbal medicine. Founded in 1986, with the mission of training primary healthcare providers in the field of Chinese medicine. Pacific College has campuses in New York, San Diego, Chicago and Online, and features an esteemed faculty of professors from around the globe that conduct ongoing research and educate approximately 1,500 students every year.
We offer the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals. We are committed to creating a diverse community of faculty, staff, and students.
Pacific College of Health and Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered on the basis of their qualifications for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran’s status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.