Eager to bring a more relationship-centered perspective to conventional healthcare, but already have your bachelor’s in nursing?
PCOM’s all-online Holistic Nursing Certificate program has been specially designed to take a broader view on healing through:
- Disease prevention and health maintenance
- Partnering with patients, families, and communities
- Quality of life improvements
- Self-care techniques
- Integrative holistic modalities
Nursing is an art and science emanating from a caring-healing framework. Holistic nursing programs focus on healing the whole person, recognizing the interrelationship of the bio-psychosocial-cultural-spiritual-energetic-environmental dimensions of the person. It emphasizes protecting and promoting health and wellness, and supporting people to find meaning, peace and harmony. The holistic nurse practitioner who graduates from PCOM’s online progam partners with individuals, families, and communities to promote healing while honoring the individual’s subjective experience about health and illness. The program is also endorsed by the AHNCC, which identifies PCOM as an institution producing nurses that will participate as transformational leaders, capable of helping to shift the focus of healthcare paradigm from illness and disease to health promotion, wellness, and wellbeing.
Is a Career in Holistic Nursing Right For You? Find Out!
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll receive a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style to help you determine what you are best suited for. Get your Holistic Nursing Career Readiness score now!
“With a business and family to take of, education takes on a new dimension. Time becomes more precious, and educational requirements are no longer the main goal so much as the wish to learn more–more about the people we serve, more about who we are in this lifetime, about our purpose and skills. If this is what you too seek, then there is no better place to start than here at PCOM: opening doors you never knew you had!”
– Jessica Senecal
Encourage healing while honoring your patient’s personal experience of health. Learn how to incorporate holistic principles and practices in your and your patients’ daily lives.
This holistic nursing certificate program enables graduates to:
- Practice nursing from an informed, caring-healing holistic framework
- Provide humanistic, holistic, high quality care to individuals and families that reflects an understanding of the human condition and nursing management across the health-illness continuum, across the lifespan, and in all healthcare settings
- Empower patients/clients and families by teaching self-care practice for a healthier lifestyle
- Guide individuals and families to manage stress and prevent disease by improving health and well-being
- Collaborate with all constituencies in the healthcare process
- Integrate reflection and self-care into their own lives
Online Postbaccalaureate Certificate
- 12.5 credits
- Coursework online, plus 3-day onsite retreat
- 4 terms
- Complete your clinical requirements in your area
- Eligible for AHNCC certification
Nursing courses include:
- Perspective of Holistic Nursing
- The Nurse as Facilitator of Healing
- Clinical Practicum
NY State Approved, WASC Accredited.
To apply or for more information, email [email protected] or call (212) 982-3456.
Federal Consumer Disclosure Information About This Program
Pacific College of Oriental Medicine is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). The college is registered with the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and approved by the Board of Regents. The Holistic Nursing Certificate program is endorsed by the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC). AHNCC contact information: 811 Linden Loop, Cedar Park, TX, 78613, www.ahncc.org.
If you would like more information about holistic nursing programs, or you have been searching for nursing schools in NYC, contact us at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in New York City. For important information on program costs, completion and placement rates, median debt incurred, etc., please reference the course catalogs.