Master of Science in Acupuncture with a Chinese Herbal Medicine Specialization
New YorkNext term starts on January 8th, 2024!
Once you complete this Master of Science in Acupuncture with a Chinese Herbal Medicine Specialization program, upgrade to the Doctor of Acupuncture with a Chinese Herbal Medicine Specialization (DAcCHM) through our online pathway.
Have you been searching for Chinese medicine schools? Explore what being a practitioner of Chinese medicine means to you: have a positive impact personally and professionally with a master’s degree in Chinese medicine. With us, you can learn from experts and hone your craft in something not only ancient but also on the cutting edge of modern-day healthcare. You’ve always been a healer at heart – let us show you the path to becoming one in practice.
Enroll in one of the master’s programs, and receive 60% off the doctorate completion program! Ask your Admissions officer for details.
Offer valid for NY Campus only.
If you’ve been searching for master’s programs in New York, look no further. The purpose of the master’s program, also known as the master of acupuncture, is to train practitioners of Chinese medicine and to enable them to function as primary, independent healthcare providers, and most importantly, to become an integral part of the modern healthcare system. Following the vision of the “East meets West” environment, students learn and apply the best of Asian medicine with a firm foundation in Western medicine. The program consists of three academic phases that emphasize practicality in both theory and clinical practice.
Is a Career in Herbology Right For You? Find Out!
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll receive a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style to help you determine what you are best suited for. Get your Herbology Career Readiness score now!
The decision to receive a master’s level education at Pacific College of Health and Science was, by far, one of the best decisions I’ve made in life. I am living my passion! I am now part of a major integrative medicine practice at an urban hospital. I thank Pacific College for their role in building my foundation and giving me the courage and support to fly. – Angela Johnson, LAc, DiplOM, MSAcCHM, MPH
The Master of Science in Acupuncture with a Chinese Herbal Medicine Specialization is a four-year graduate program. With 178.5 units and 3307.5 credit hours of theory and clinical practice, graduates are eligible for the California state licensure exam, as well as the national certification examinations, which enables students to become licensed in the remaining states that regulate acupuncture and Chinese medicine. Students of the master’s program are also eligible to enroll in Pacific College’s massage programs, allowing them to earn a massage license and work in the field while completing their Master’s Chinese medicine degree.
Some of these courses include:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Acupuncture Points
- Tui Na Hand and Structural Techniques
- Needle Technique
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Disease
- Auricular Acupuncture
- Eastern Nutrition
Graduates of the Master of Science in Acupuncture with a Chinese Herbal Medicine Specialization program will be able to:
- Understand and demonstrate personal and professional ethical standards.
- Understand the etiology of disease from both Chinese and biomedical perspectives, and apply this understanding by recommending disease prevention strategies.
- Evaluate patients exhibiting complaints commonly seen and treated by Chinese medicine, and in a manner that indicates cognizance of all relevant Chinese medical diagnostic paradigms.
- Recognize signs and symptoms necessitating referral to appropriate complementary healthcare providers.
- Formulate treatment principles in a manner that prioritizes treatment procedures for patients that follow logically from the diagnosis.
- Formulate acupuncture, herbal and supplemental treatment plans, while providing a logical rationale for such plans.
- Personally administer the designated treatment plan, or use the appropriate support personnel.
- Demonstrate knowledge of clinical sciences from both Chinese and biomedical perspectives.
- Communicate in a professional and knowledgeable manner about Chinese medicine and biomedicine with relevant health.
Ready to Apply?
If you think a career in holistic medicine is something you would like to pursue, contact us and speak to an admissions representative to get started on your new journey!
For more information, call (855) 866-6767 or fill out our contact form to be contacted by a Pacific College representative.
Federal Consumer Disclosure Information About This Program
Pacific College of Health and Science is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). The college is registered with the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and approved by the Board of Regents. The college’s MSAcCHM and MSAc (CH and NY) programs are accredited by ACAHM. For important information on program costs, completion and placement rates, median debt incurred, etc., please see the program disclosure document.
Already have your master’s?
Upgrade to the Doctorate for Pacific College Master’s Alumni (DAc/DAcCHM)
For previous graduates of master’s level degrees or equivalent, Pacific College has designed an online pathway for the College’s MSAc and MSAcCHM alumni to upgrade to the doctorate.