Once you complete this program, upgrade to the Doctorate of Acupuncture (DAc) through our online pathway.
FAQs Regarding Spring Term 2020 and Covid-19
If you’re searching for a New York acupuncture school that offers amaster’s degree in acupuncture, join our welcoming community and explore the benefits of Chinese medicine and the kind of care you can provide future patients. Our expert faculty will provide one-on-one support to help you hone this ancient medicine and apply it to modern healthcare. Discover your future career with us.
The purpose of the Master of Science in Acupuncture (MSAc) program is to train practitioners of Acupuncture to function as primary, independent healthcare providers, focusing on Acupuncture and related modalities of Oriental medicine to achieve health and well-being, and most importantly, become an integral part of the modern healthcare system. Students in the master’s acupuncture degree programs choose from two curricula, focusing on either classical or traditional Oriental medicine.
Is a Career in Acupuncture Right For You? Find Out!
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll receive a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style to help you determine what you are best suited for. Get your Acupuncture Career Readiness score now!
Following the vision of an “East meets West” environment, students learn and apply the best of Asian medicine with a firm foundation in Western medicine. Students explore physiology, etiology, and the diagnostic and treatment systems of Chinese medicine as they learn to model the use of biomedicine in the modern Oriental medicine practice.
The Master of Science in Acupuncture is a three to four-year graduate program consisting of 133.5 units/2505 credit hours of theory and practice. Graduates are eligible for the California state licensure exam, as well as the national certification examinations (NCCAOM), which enables students to become licensed in the remaining states that regulate acupuncture and Oriental medicine that use the NCCAOM exam to qualify for licensure, and do not require the study of Herbology. Students of the master’s program are also eligible to enroll in Pacific College’s massage programs, allowing them to earn a massage license and work in the field while completing their master’s Chinese medicine degree.
The vibrancy of a community acupuncture clinic is exhilarating; being able to serve the community while providing other acupuncturists with jobs is great. The number one thing at PCOM is being exposed to a diverse faculty with such a wide breadth of styles, theories, and clinical experience. – Robbie Benhuri, LAc, MSTOM
Some of these courses include:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Acupuncture Points
- Tui Na Hand and Structural Techniques
- Needle Technique
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Disease
- Auricular Acupuncture
Graduates of the Master of Science in Acupuncture program will be able to:
- Understand and demonstrate personal and professional ethical standards.
- Understand the etiology of disease from a traditional Oriental and biomedical perspective, and apply this understanding by recommending disease prevention strategies.
- Evaluate patients exhibiting complaints commonly seen and treated by Oriental medicine, and in a manner that indicates cognizance of all relevant Oriental medical diagnostic paradigms.
- Recognize signs and symptoms necessitating referral to appropriate complementary healthcare providers.
- Formulate treatment principles in a manner that prioritizes treatment procedures for patients that follow logically from the diagnosis.
- Formulate acupuncture and supplemental treatment plans, while providing a logical rationale for such plans.
- Personally administer the designated treatment plan, or use the appropriate support personnel.
- Demonstrate knowledge of clinical sciences from a traditional Oriental and bio-medical perspective.
- Communicate in a professional and knowledgeable manner about Oriental medicine and biomedicine with relevant health.
Ready to Apply?
If you think a career in holistic medicine is something you would like to pursue, contact us and speak to an admissions representative to get started on your new journey!
For more information, call (855) 866-6767 or fill out our contact form to be contacted by a Pacific College representative.
If you are ready to apply, please fill out the application form available here:
Federal Consumer Disclosure Information About This Program
Pacific College of Health and Science is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). The college is registered with the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and approved by the Board of Regents. The college’s MSTOM, MSAc (CH and NY), and DAOM (SD) programs are accredited by ACAOM. For important information on program costs, completion and placement rates, median debt incurred, etc., please see the program disclosure document.
Already have your master’s?
For previous graduates of master’s level degrees or equivalent, Pacific College has designed an online pathway for PCOM MSAc and MSTOM alumni to upgrade to the doctorate.