If you’ve been searching for a New York massage school, your search ends here at Pacific College of Health and Science. The purpose of the Associate of Occupational Studies in Massage Therapies program is to develop the student into an expertly trained body therapist. This degree in massage therapy integrates Asian and Western bodywork therapy, where the massage therapist school’s program emphasizes Chinese medicine theory. Some of the areas studied include anatomy, physiology, general pathology, kinesiology, and Eastern and Western massage. We’ve also expanded the program to include a massage specialty elective of your choice, including:
- Advanced shiatsu
- Prenatal massage
- Hot stone and hydrotherapy techniques
- Ayurvedic massage
- Treating disharmonies with tui na
The opportunity to dive deeper into an elective area of focus helps you to stand out from other therapists, demonstrating a more well-rounded and thorough education.
The AOS degree in massage therapy is a 5-semester degree program consisting of 65.5 units/1139 clock hours/1207.5 credit hours that meets the requirements for national massage certification by the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) and the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB).
NEW! Ask About our scholarship program!
• Pacific College Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship – This scholarship honors applicants who have demonstrated contributions to diversity, equality, or inclusion initiatives, in the area(s) of racial or ethnic diversity, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other areas underrepresented or otherwise important to diversity, equality, and inclusion. Candidates for this scholarship will write a 1-2 page essay describing their contributions as well as the potential for future contributions combined with their AOS education. ($1,500 per recipient; 4-6 scholarships available)
• Pacific College Academic Achievement Scholarship – This scholarship honors applicants who have demonstrated scholastic achievements in their previous education through their incoming cumulative GPA. Financial need will be in consideration when selecting between equally meritorious candidates. ($1,500 per recipient; 4-6 scholarships available)
• Pacific College Service Scholarship – This scholarship honors applicants who have demonstrated service through community service efforts or leadership roles expressed in a “service essay.” Candidates for this scholarship will write a 1-2 page essay describing their roles of service and the potential for future service opportunities, combined with their AOS education. ($1,500 per recipient; 4-6 scholarships available)
Is a Career in Massage Therapy Right For You? Find Out!
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll receive a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style to help you determine what you are best suited for. Get your Massage Therapy Career Readiness score now!
While discovering the healing power of touch and friends that I now call family, I was also healing myself. I now have my own practice, working with people that have the same passion for helping others. I can never thank the faculty, staff, and students enough for this life-changing experience! I have no doubt that I made the right decision. -Allan Felicano
Graduates of the associate degree of occupational studies in massage therapy will be able to:
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in their personal and professional lives.
- Demonstrate a wide and well practices variety of body therapy skills.
- Understand the integration of body, mind and spirit.
- Know and demonstrate essential, hygienic considerations in the performance of massage.
- Know and respect conditions contraindicating massage.
- Demonstrate knowledge of massage, biomedical science and Oriental medicine sufficient to pass the massage exam administered by National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) and the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB).
- Demonstrate competence in basic business skills related to the practice of massage.
- Specialize in an elective massage modality of their choice.
Ready to Apply?
If you think a career in holistic medicine is something you would like to pursue, contact us and speak to an admissions representative to get started on your new journey!
For more information, call (855) 866-6767 or fill out our contact form to be contacted by a Pacific College representative.
If you are ready to apply, please fill out the application form available here:
New York Massage School
110 William Street, 19th Floor
New York, New York 10038
Federal Consumer Disclosure Information About This Program
Pacific College of Health and Science is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). The college is registered with the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and approved by the Board of Regents. The college’s acupuncture programs are accredited by ACAHM. For important information on program costs, completion and placement rates, median debt incurred, etc., please see the program disclosure document.