Massage Therapy/Asian Bodywork Degrees — San Diego, New York, Chicago
In order to apply, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Students whose primary language is not English must provide evidence of a TOEFL/iBT score of 61; 500(paper score).
- Applicants are required to provide the college with an official high school transcript, a certified copy of a high school diploma or GED certificate, or results of a state certified completion of a high school equivalency exam, as well as a transcript of the coursework completed while attending high school by the end of their first term*. Copies of these documents are accepted to begin the application and enrollment process. If official documents are not received by the end of student’s first term, they will not be allowed to enroll further, until they are obtained. (A copy of the diploma, transcript, or GED can be submitted and verified by staff by phone or by website, and verification placed in the file. However, it is preferable that the applicant also request official copies to be sent directly to the college.)
*Note: Students in the massage therapy and associate degree programs may be required to obtain all post-high school transcripts if flagged for verification by the Department of Education for enrollment history.
- Proof of a previously earned, accredited associate’s degree acceptable for full credit to a bachelor’s degree program or higher is also acceptable for admission to these programs. These should be mailed directly to the college.
- A notarized translation of foreign high school transcript bearing graduation date and an academic evaluation certifying accredited equivalency to an American high school program are also acceptable. In addition, the DD form 214 verifying status as a high school graduate or equivalent with course and grade equivalencies (if available) is also acceptable.
- A GPA of at least a 2.0, with the following guidelines:
- An applicant who presents a high school (HS) transcript with a GPA below 2.0, but who has earned a prior degree, or who has completed 12 or more college general educations credits with a GPA of 2.0 or higher will be accepted into the massage therapy and associate’s degree programs with less than a 2.0 HS GPA. No Wonderlic exam will be required.
- Applicants who present a GED must present a total score of at least 2475, (the minimum score is 2250); the state high school proficiency examination scores must be 10% above the standard for the test. In California, the CHSPE score in both the math and reading sections must be 385 or higher (passing is 350 in each section).
- A DD form 214 verifying status as a high school graduate or equivalent qualify as a 2.0 GPA due to evaluation through the US military school certification process.
- Applicants whose GPA is below a 2.0 are required to take the Wonderlic Entrance Exam and score at least a 14 to be allowed admission to the massage programs.
To learn more about PCOM's massage therapy requirements, check out each of the city-specific programs: