Pacific College of Health and Science is seeking a dynamic individual for the position of adjunct faculty for Applied Pathophysiology at our San Diego/Online Campus.
We are seeking a faculty member with exceptional communication skills who has a passion for teaching, and whose enthusiasm for the subject matter will be an inspiration to our students. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate deep knowledgeable in physiology, pathology and their application in public health, health promotion and health education. Experience in synchronous and asynchronous teaching and online learning is required.
Job Summary: Adjunct Faculty for Applied Pathophysiology. Adjunct Faculty/Curriculum Developer serves as a subject matter expert within their assigned discipline and serves as a course developer. Experience with applied pathophysiology and health education online curriculum/course development is a must.
This course explores the biological basis of human disease and the role public health measures play in reducing both the extent and impact of chronic and acute dysfunction on individuals and society. The course provides an overview of the mechanisms of physiological dysfunction, pathogenesis and consequences of the most common disorders as they relate to the major organ systems. This course also explores the pathology and general health management of disease and injuries across the human lifespan through a lens of public health and health education.
- Master’s in Public Health or Health Education with experience in Applied Pathophysiology and Health Education or equivalent
- Terminal degree required for graduate courses, with at least 18 credit hours required in the field of study delivered.
- Professional experience utilizing pathophysiology in health education in diverse populations (at least 3-5 years).
- Experience teaching pathophysiology and epidemiology asynchronous and synchronously online
- PhD in Public Health or Health Education with experience in Applied Pathophysiology and Health Education or equivalent
- Extensive experience in university level online asynchronous and synchronous teaching preferred (2-5 years).
- Experience with Zoom, Moodle, Share-point or other learning management platforms (preferred)
- An extensive teaching resume coupled with a student-centered teaching philosophy
- Prior student course evaluations in pathophysiology and epidemiology
- Familiarity with instructional technology
Application deadline: Tuesday, September 15, 2020. To apply, please send a detailed cover letter describing qualifications and resume/CV, to Janna Owens at [email protected] and [email protected]
Pacific College of Health and Science is one of the oldest and largest accredited institutions training professionals in the areas of Chinese medicine, acupuncture, massage and Chinese herbal medicine. Founded in 1986, with the mission of training primary healthcare providers in the field of Chinese medicine. Pacific College has campuses in New York, San Diego, Chicago and Online and features an esteemed faculty of professors from around the globe that conduct ongoing research and educate approximately 1,500 students every year.
We offer the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals. We are committed to creating a diverse community of faculty, staff, and students.
Pacific College of Health and Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered on the basis of their qualifications for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran’s status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.