The Mission of the American Society of Acupuncturists is to promote the highest standards of professional practice for acupuncture and EAM in the United States, thereby to benefit the public health. Through strengthening the profession at the state level while promoting collaboration nationally and internationally, the ASA provides its members, the public, legislators, and regulators resources for ensuring the best expression of this ancient and modern medicine.
- To promote the highest quality of practice for acupuncture and EAM in the United States
- To strengthen AOM state associations, and through them their members
- To collaborate nationally and internationally with policy makers and legislators on behalf of practitioners, state associations, and allied stakeholders
- To provide for members a valuable range of professional networking opportunities, practice development resources, governance training, and operational tools to strengthen the professional representation of the field, to further the business of members, and to safeguard the depth and breadth of AOM
- To be a resource to the general public, key policy makers, and members of the Western medical community about the benefits of acupuncture and EAM.