Pacific College is deeply committed to its relationship with its community, both internal (students, alumni, faculty, staff) and at large (partners, local neighborhoods, professional organizations, etc.). The Community Relations Manager’s role is to work with all the PCHS constituents to nurture and expand relationships within the field of integrative/holistic healthcare and beyond.
Pacific College’s Community Relations Manager is a busy and inspiring position, well-suited for a communication professional seeking a meaningful outlet for their interpersonal and multimedia content-creation skills.
Your main objectives will be to:
- Curate and expand the PCHS brand footprint, both digitally and locally.
- Contribute to inquiry generation efforts.
- Actively increase engagement with our current and new audiences.
- Support and refine internal communication initiatives.
From PR mentions to social media comments to podcast research, from short in-house videos to inter-organization cross-promotion to the sharing of current news and events via multiplatform campaigns, you will support the college’s mission to be a leader in its field and a valuable resource to its community.
In order to better connect with the College’s community, a professional background or keen interest in the fields of holistic and integrative healthcare is mandatory.
- Content Creation: Connect with each campus’ students, staff and faculty to seek reels, images and events to share; collaborate with our partner agency to research topics and create relevant, platform-specific content; produce simple video vignettes of alumni, students, faculty/staff, and employers’ interviews to post on the college’s website and social media channels; edit and re-purpose existing PCHS blog articles.
- Social Media Engagement: Schedule posts on Sprout Social; respond to comments and reviews on all platforms; curate existing IG guides; manage the Pixlee feed; listen to and participate in relevant social discussion about the college and the holistic/integrative healthcare industry, with both existing and new audiences.
- Review Generation: Seek and facilitate the generation of positive reviews on multiple platforms (Google, Facebook, Yelp, Niche, and more).
- Internal Communication: Supports Executive team in editing, curating and initiating internal communication to students, faculty and staff (mostly email-based).
- Partnerships: Seek/develop partnership and sponsorship opportunities with field-related organizations (acupuncture, nursing, massage); research email and mailing lists of potential audiences to acquire and target.
- Online Events: Help schedule, promote, coordinate and occasionally host live YouTube events and recorded podcast episodes; assist with speaker-liaison; increase current event schedule; monitors and reports on performance with YouTube and podcast analytics data.
- PR: In coordination with our agency partner, manage media relations, research editorial opportunities and build relationships with key industry media.
- Secret Shopping: Research competitors and report on information collected to Executive and admissions teams.
- Seek and propose opportunities to grow the campus clinics’ patient base.
- Contribute to the marketing initiatives for our annual Pacific Symposium.
- Support content generation efforts for blog and bi-annual AIM publication.
- Compile lists of resources to post on the website for students and alumni.
- Coordinate promotional email campaigns (in partnership with existing staff member)
- Represent Pacific College at occasional industry conference.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related discipline is required.
- 3+ years directly related experience, preferably in the higher education, sales or holistic healthcare industries.
- Personal background or keen interest in the field of integrative healthcare.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, social media platforms (IG, Facebook, and YouTube at minimum), as well as social media tools such as Sprout Social or similar.
- Exceptional communication skills: articulate, proactive, resourceful and optimistic thinker, with a detail-centric focus.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to build credible, productive, highly collaborative relationships with multiple departments and partners.
- Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize while remaining focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful experience developing and deploying community relations and communication initiatives.
- Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Bonus: copy writing/editing; graphic design; video editing; basic WordPress backend.
- Reports to: VP of Marketing
- Interacts with: Sr. Marketing Manager; Graphic Designer; VP of Outreach, Career/Alumni Services and Community/Continuing Education; Partner Agencies (PR; Social Media; SEO); Deans; Clinic Directors; Student Councils.
- Location: The position is remote but will require availability for potential duties across multiple time zones. Home-base near the New York or San Diego campus is preferred, in order to allow for periodical campus visits.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer using keyboard and reading information on a monitor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT PACIFIC COLLEGE
Pacific College of Health and Science is one of the oldest and largest accredited institutions training professionals in the field of integrative medicine, more particularly in the areas of Chinese medicine, acupuncture, holistic nursing, massage therapy, and herbal medicine, including medical cannabis. Founded in 1986, Pacific College is home to beautiful campuses and busy clinics in New York, San Diego, and Chicago, as well as an online division. Pacific College features an esteemed faculty of over 300 professors from around the globe, which conduct ongoing research and educate approximately 2000 students every year.
After 30+ years, the College underwent a rebranding and name change transition in 2020, designed to accommodate the rapid expansion of its program offerings and student population.
We offer the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals. We are committed to creating a diverse community of faculty, staff, and students.
Pacific College of Health and Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered on the basis of their qualifications for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran’s status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.
APPLICATION DEADLINE / PROCEDURE
To apply, please send a cover letter describing qualifications and resume/CV to the person listed below. The application deadline is March 30th, 2023.
Nathalie Turotte, VP of Marketing: [email protected]