General Job Summary:
The Dean of Nursing Education has responsibility for leadership and administration within the Holistic Nursing Programs and will assume responsibility for the successful launch of the New York prelicensure BS Nursing program. This includes comprehensive program planning, implementation, fiscal management, intra PCHS collaboration, representation of the college and nursing program in professional communities and attaining and maintaining ACEN accreditation, AHNCC endorsements, as well as compliance with state regulatory bodies.
Department Leadership – The Dean will:
- Oversee and participate in nursing faculty and curriculum development, implementation, revision, and program evaluation.
- Facilitate a trusting, caring-healing, collegial
- Chair Nursing Departmental
- Ensure care of self, care of colleagues, care of the PCHS community, and the individuals and groups outside of the organization with whom we affiliate.
- Influence healthy communication that is nurtured with trust, authenticity, and integrity.
New York Nursing Campus Leadership – The NY Nursing Campus Director will:
- Oversee all aspects of the Pre-licensure BS in Nursing program.
- Student recruitment
- Student retention
- Student placement
- Take curriculum from approved state curriculum and launch it into a functioning curriculum and assessment system.
- Oversee the Clinical Placement Coordinator to create a smooth process for clinical placements and associated systems and assessments
- Work collaboratively to implement articulation agreements.
- Create and revise clinical manuals.
- Hire and oversee evaluation of clinical faculty.
- Recruit and hire teaching faculty for the program option.
- Oversee the skills lab coordinator.
- Oversee all nursing administrative and clinical placement personnel.
- Review marketing campaigns
Required – Experience understanding, living, and working as a role model and holistic nurse. Knowledge of caring-healing curriculum development. Excellent knowledge of nursing content trends, and the current holistic nursing evidence-base. Experience with online/distance education learning. Excellent teaching skills and knowledge of pedagogy. Leadership and management of personnel. Microsoft office and office technology skills. Familiarity with ACEN, AHNCC, ACEN/ AHNCC, NYSED reports, and accreditation processes.
Preferred – knowledge of accreditation processes and requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a doctorate in nursing
- Experience in holistic nursing
- Minimum of four years of teaching in baccalaureate nursing education or academic administration
- Eligibility for licensure as a registered nurse in New York required
- National certification in holistic nursing recommended or willingness to
- Leadership qualities, excellent communication and collaborative skills and regard for the collegiality that characterizes an institution of higher learning.
Work Environment: This program prides itself on facilitating a caring-healing work environment at all levels of interaction. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer using keyboard and reading information on a monitor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary Range: $140,000 -$240,000 annually
Application Procedure: To apply, please send a cover letter describing your qualifications and resume/CV to Marcy Madix, Vice President of Human Resources, at [email protected]
Pacific College of Health and Science (PCHS) is one of the oldest and largest accredited institutions training professionals in integrative medicine, more particularly in traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture, holistic nursing, massage therapy, human performance, public health education, and herbal medicine, including medical cannabis. Founded in 1986, PCHS is home to beautiful campuses and busy clinics in New York, San Diego, and Chicago and a rapidly growing online division. PCHS features an esteemed faculty of over 200 professors from around the globe, who conduct ongoing research and educate approximately 2000 students every year. We offer the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of cannabis professional pioneers and inter professional colleagues. We are committed to creating a diverse community of faculty, staff, and students.
Pacific College of Health and Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered on the basis of their qualifications for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran’s status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.