Pacific College of Health and Science is seeking a dynamic individual for the position of Vice President of Admissions.
The Vice President of Admissions provides vision, leadership, and the strategic direction for the Admissions department. The VP of Admissions oversees admissions staff on three campuses as well as remote staff. The VP must have a passionate commitment for all dimensions of the student experience and address opportunity gaps for underserved and underrepresented students. The VP is responsible for the performance and results of the admissions department, providing data-driven insights and recommendations, training, and direct oversight of 2 directors and a business systems analyst, indirect oversight of admissions representatives and coordinators, and collaboration with other departmental leaders and academic staff.
This Vice President of Admissions position is hybrid. The job involves a combination of remote work and on-campus responsibilities, either at the Pacific College New York or San Diego campus.
- Ensures people and process are in place and road-mapped to achieve enrollment targets from top down (directly managing 2 directors and a business systems analyst. Indirectly managing admissions coordinators and representatives).
- Oversees the implementation of training initiatives, policies, and procedures within the admissions department.
- Conceptualize, socialize, and drive comprehensive change plans and activities for organizational strategic plans.
- Communicates plan and updates on enrollments to various departments.
- Collaborates closely with the VP of marketing to optimize the ROI of leads and strategize efforts.
- Meets regularly with the registrar, finance, and student services departmental leaders to ensure alignment.
- Organizes data on a weekly, monthly and by term bases to share with executive leaders and across departments.
- Formulates goals/budgets for the department and achieves the standards according to our growth model.
- Regularly evaluates performance of frontline staff and provides constant feedback and accountability to frontline management.
- Evaluates technologies, such as the CRM, phone systems, etc. to propose any needed adjustments/improvements.
- Conducts call-listening campaigns to focus areas and presents findings as well as organizes a third-party vendor to conduct secret shopping annually.
- Presents proposals for new trainings or corrective actions based on observations. Flags and reports on compliance risks that are presented in coaching, verbal and written communications.
Functional Leadership & Training Development:
- Drives a culture of coaching and constant performance improvement, utilizing standard evaluation templates and methodologies.
- Builds and develops a team of skilled individuals and leaders that blend deep organizational knowledge with evolving skillsets.
- Serves as an active member of the executive leadership team and partners with leadership to develop and execute an effective comprehensive enrollment strategy that promotes the short- and long-range enrollment plans and strategies.
- Works with directors to create enrollment goals by program to each enrollment cycle and creates consistent benchmarks to drive individual and campus goals.
Supervisory Responsibility: Directors of Admissions, Business Systems Analyst, Admissions Representatives, Admissions Coordinators
Education, Experience & Job Skills:
- Holds a Bachelor’s or higher degree.
- Proven record of successful supervisory experience leading leaders.
- At least three years of direct experience in a higher education setting.
- Computer & computer program savvy.
- A proven record in working successfully with diverse populations.
- A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with college departments and cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint) and experience with virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom.
- Direct experience in higher education – Five years’ or more
- Knowledge of Pacific College, integrative healthcare, and/or nursing
- Knowledge of Salesforce, CampusVue
The work can be a hybrid position between a home and office location. The office location would be near our New York campus. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at a desk and operate a computer using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Salary Range: $115,000.00 – $125,000.00
To apply, please send a cover letter describing your qualifications and resume/CV to Marcy Madix, Vice President of Human Resources, at [email protected].
Pacific College of Health and Science is one of the oldest and largest accredited institutions training professionals in integrative medicine. The College was founded in 1986 with the mission of training primary healthcare providers in the field of Chinese medicine. In addition to Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine, the College has expanded its areas of integrative health education to include holistic nursing, massage therapy, health & human performance, public health education & promotion, and medical cannabis.
Pacific College has campuses in New York, San Diego, and Chicago, and features esteemed faculty from around the globe, many of whom conduct ongoing research and educate approximately 2,000 students every year. We are committed to creating a diverse community of faculty, staff, and students. Pacific College of Health and Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered on the basis of their qualifications for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran’s status, or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.