Pacific College is deeply committed to its relationship with its community, both internal (students, alumni, faculty, staff) and at large (partners, local neighborhoods, professional organizations). We are seeking a Community Relations Manager to help us nurture and expand these relationships within the field of integrative/holistic healthcare and beyond.
** NOTE: In order to better connect with the College’s audience, a personal background or keen interest in the fields of holistic and integrative healthcare is required. **
Pacific College’s Community Relations Manager is a busy and inspiring position, well-suited for creative professionals who seek a meaningful outlet for their interpersonal and multimedia skills.
Your main objectives will be to:
- Help raise brand awareness, both digitally and locally.
- Support lead generation efforts.
- Actively increase engagement with our current and new audiences via direct interaction with our community as well as the creation, coordination and distribution of compelling content on a variety of platforms.
From PR mentions to social media comments to podcast research, from short in-house videos to inter-organization cross-promotion to the sharing of current news and events via multiplatform campaigns, you will support the college’s mission to be a leader in the field and a valuable resource to its community.
- Partnerships: Seek/develop partnership and sponsorship opportunities with field-related organizations (acupuncture, nursing, massage, health and human performance, public health education, yoga); research email and mailing lists of potential audiences to acquire and target.
- PR: In coordination with our agency partner, manage media relations, research editorial opportunities and build relationships with key industry media.
- Social Media Engagement: Listen to and participate in relevant social discussion about the college and the holistic/integrative healthcare industry, with both existing and new audiences; connects with campuses’ staff and faculty to seek images and events to share; work with our partner agency to create original and platform-specific content(Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Review Generation: Seek and facilitate the generation of positive reviews on multiple platforms (Google, Facebook, Yelp, Niche, and more)
- Online Events: Help schedule, promote, coordinate and occasionally host live YouTube events and recorded podcast episodes; assist with speaker-liaison; increase current event schedule; monitors and reports on performance with YouTube and podcast analytics data.
- Video: Generate simple video vignettes of alumni, students, faculty/staff, and employers’ interviews to post on the college’s website and social media channels (post-production executed by other team members).
- Secret Shopping: Research competitors and report on information collected to Exec and admissions teams.
- Seek and propose opportunities to grow the campus clinics’ patient base.
- Support content generation efforts for blog and bi-annual AIM publication.
- Compile lists of resources to post on the website for students and alumni.
- Contribute to the marketing initiatives for our annual Pacific Symposium as well as our brand new Peak Performance conferences.
- Coordinate promotional email campaigns (in partnership with existing staff member)
- Monitor email campaigns results and event registration, working with the team to improve the performance of these campaigns.
- Represent Pacific College at occasional industry conferences (in partnership with admissions team)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related discipline is preferred. Documented experience (5+ years) might be accepted instead of a degree.
- 5+ years directly related experience, preferably in the higher education, sales or holistic healthcare verticals.
- Personal background or keen interest in the field of integrative healthcare.
- Successful experience developing and deploying community relations and communication initiatives.
- Exceptional communication skills; articulate, proactive, resourceful and optimistic thinker, with a detail-centric focus.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to build credible, productive, highly collaborative relationships with multiple departments and partners.
- Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize while remaining focused in stressful or unexpected situations.
- Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and social media platforms.
- Extra points for extra skills: copy writing/editing; graphic design; video editing; basic HTML for email campaigns; basic WordPress backend.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible work schedule and environment (remote, or in one of our campuses in New York, San Diego or Chicago)
- Competitive salary
- Medical / Dental/Vision healthcare plans
- Complimentary Chinese medicine and massage services if based at one of the campuses
- Tuition discounts on our programs
- A sense of mission and purpose as part of an organization deeply committed to expanding the visibility of – and access to – holistic and integrative healthcare
- Schedule: Full-time
- Location: The position is currently remote but requires availability for potential duties across multiple time zones.
- Reports to: VP of Marketing
- Interacts with: Marketing Manager; Director of Outreach, Alumni Services and Continuing Education; Deans; Faculty; Director of Lifelong Learning; Partner Agencies(PR; Social Media; SEO); Graphic Designer; Video Editor.
- Growth Potential: Director of Community Relations.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer using keyboard and reading information on a monitor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT PACIFIC COLLEGE
Pacific College of Health and Science is one of the oldest and largest accredited institutions training professionals in the field of integrative medicine, more particularly in the areas of Chinese medicine, acupuncture, holistic nursing, massage therapy, human performance, public health education and herbal medicine, including medical cannabis. Founded in 1986, Pacific College is home to beautiful campuses and busy clinics in New York, San Diego, and Chicago, as well as a rapidly growing online division.
Pacific College features an esteemed faculty of over 250 professors from around the globe, which conduct ongoing research and educate approximately 2000 students every year.
After 30+ years, the College just underwent a rebranding and name change transition in 2020, designed to accommodate the rapid expansion of its program offerings and student population. We offer the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals. We are committed to creating a diverse community of faculty, staff, and students. Pacific College of Health and Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered on the basis of their qualifications for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran’s status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.
APPLICATION DEADLINE / PROCEDURE
To apply, please send the following to the person listed below:
- Cover letter describing your qualifications and motivation for working at Pacific College
- A resume/CV and/or link to LinkedIn page
- If applicable: link to portfolio and/or professional social media engagement
The application deadline is July 15th, 2021.
➢ Nathalie Turotte, VP of Marketing: [email protected]