This class teaches the basic fundamentals of acupressure and Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure®. A great introduction class that is open to everyone. It is simple enough to be used by lay people to help your family and effective enough to incorporate into an already existing bodywork practice. You will learn a 25 safe and effective acu-points and how to use them on others for common, everyday complaints.
The simple, effective Basic JSD Neck/Shoulder Release, and how to do it for yourself and others.
Qigong breathing and stretching exercises: Pal Dan Gum (the Eight Silken Movements) and Hara Breathing.
25-point self-acupressure pattern and Basic Central Release.
Self-care points to help relieve the tension and discomfort of headache, backache, jaw pain, constipation, menstrual problems, "heartburn" and nausea.
Technique and point finding skills needed to practice the patterns on each other.
Earn 14 Illinois Approved CEs for massage therapists and acupuncturists, or 1.0-units of elective credit in the MTH program.
- LMT’s Non-PCOM: Early Bird (Until: MAY 4 , 2018) $225; Regular Price (after Early Bird): $250
- L.Ac.’s: Non-PCOM: Early Bird (Until: May 4 , 2018) $245; Regular Price (after Early Bird): $270
- PCOM Faculty and Alumni (both L.Ac.’s and LMT’s, including current students for LMT CEU credit): $225
- PCOM Current Students/the Public (not for credit in a program, or CEU credit): $150
- Plus additional fee: Bring $10 cash (includes book distributed in class)