Dr. Gomes is Vice President of Academic Affairs at Pacific College of Health and Science, where she has worked since 1997. She received her master’s degree in education technology, instructional design at San Diego State University in 1997 and her doctorate in educational leadership at the University of La Verne in 2006. In addition to her work at Pacific College, Dr. Gomes has served in the following capacity:
- Academic Collaborative for Integrative Health: Executive Board
- Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine: Fellowship Curriculum Developer, Leadership Task Force, Council of Advisors
- Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine: Site Visitor, Doctoral Task Force
- Council of Colleges of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine: Executive Board
- Department of Veterans Affairs; Health Services Research and Development Service Reviewer
- UC Irvine Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine: Clinical & Professional Advisory Committee,
- UCSD Center for Integrative Medicine: Board of Directors,
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges: Site Visitor, Assessment Leadership Academy.
Her expertise is in higher education accreditation, assessment and program evaluation. She writes, consults and trains on accreditation, assessment, curriculum design, faculty development, program evaluation, research design and student learning.
If you are interested in learning more about our acupuncture degree programs, please visit the Pacific College of Health and Science’s acupuncture programs page.