Oriental Medicine Newspaper - Submission Guidelines
We actively welcome article contributions from professionals in the field as well as Pacific College students and alumni and Pacific Symposium speakers. If your article is already written, please submit by the methods indicated in Step 1 below. If you have not yet written an article, it may be a good idea to check with us to find out if we are broadly interested in the proposed subject. This may depend on factors such as whether we have recently published an article on the same subject.
Please note that we cannot guarantee to accept any article for publication until we have had a chance to see the finished article. All accepted articles are subjected to an editorial process. This involves us responding to you with any queries, comments, suggested changes etc.
- Articles should be mailed as email attachments (Microsoft Word) or presented on disk (Macintosh or PC formats).
- References should be given wherever possible for quotations, specific information referred to in the text, statistics etc. References should include author/s, title of book (or if a Journal then title, date, volume/issue number), publisher, page number.
- Chinese texts should be referred to by Pinyin name and common English translation e.g. Su Wen (Plain Questions).
- Illustrations: We can accept photographs (please also send negative) and material for scanning. If tables, charts etc. are to be included it is generally best if we produce the final version of these from your roughs.
- Acupuncture points should be referred to using pinyin name and point number, e.g. Zusanli ST-36. Use the following prefixes for point numbers:
- Herb names should start with the Pinyin followed by the pharmaceutical name, e.g. Huang Qi (Radix Astragali), MaiMen Dong (Tuber Ophiopogonis Japonici) etc.
- Herbal prescriptions should give the pinyin name first followed by the English name e.g. Wu Ling San (Five Ingredient Powder with Poria).
- Include an author headshot (photo) and brief biography with contact information of no more than 50 words.
- Article submissions should be double spaced, and range in length from 1,000 - 2,000 words.
- 10. Submit your article to Oriental Medicine via email to
- 11. Deadlines for article submissions: see below.
|Issue||Submission Deadline||Issue Date|
|Winter||December 1||February 1|
|Summer (Symposium Issue)||June 1||August 1|