If you've been searching for a New York massage school, your search ends at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. The purpose of the Associate of Occupational Studies (Massage Therapies) program is to develop the student into an expertly trained body therapist. This degree in massage therapy integrates Asian and Western bodywork therapy, where the massage therapist school's program emphasizes Oriental medicine theory. Some of the areas studied include anatomy, physiology, general pathology, kinesiology, and Eastern and Western massage.
The AOS degree in massage therapy is a 5-semester degree program consisting of 65.5 units/1139 clock hours/1207.5 credit hours that meets the requirements for national massage certification by the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) and the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB).
Graduates of the associate degree of occupational studies in massage therapy will be able to:
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in their personal and professional lives.
- Demonstrate a wide and well practices variety of body therapy skills.
- Understand the integration of body, mind and spirit.
- Know and demonstrate essential, hygienic considerations in the performance of massage.
- Know and respect conditions contraindicating massage.
- Demonstrate knowledge of massage, biomedical science and Oriental medicine sufficient to pass the massage exam administered by National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) and the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB).
- Demonstrate competence in basic business skills related to the practice of massage.
Federal Consumer Disclosure Information About This Program
Pacific College of Oriental Medicine is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The college is registered with the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and approved by the Board of Regents. The college’s MSTOM, MSAc (CH and NY), and DAOM (SD) programs are accredited by ACAOM. For important information on program costs, completion and placement rates, median debt incurred, etc., please see the program disclosure document.