Students in the following degree programs are eligible to apply for federal financial aid: Massage Therapy/Asian Bodywork Certificates; Associate’s degrees; Bachelor’s degrees; Master's degrees; Entry-Level and Post-Graduate Doctorates.
Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans are processed every two semesters. It's important for you to keep record of your Financial Aid award and be aware of when the next semester application is due. The Financial Aid Office will do our best to notify you when it is time to apply, but do not depend on us alone. Check with our office if you are unsure of when to apply.
Important Change: Students, parents, and borrowers are required to use an FSA ID, made up of a username and password, to access certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID is used to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information and electronically signing your federal student aid documents.
An FSA ID is a username and password that you must use to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education (ED) websites. Your FSA ID identifies you as someone who has the right to access your own personal information on ED websites such as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) at fafsa.ed.gov. There are opportunities for financial aid in California, New York, and Illinois--all three campuses.
If you are a dependent student, your parent will need their own FSA ID to sign your FAFSA electronically.
Please note: Each FSA ID user must have a unique e-mail address.
For students who had a Winter 2017/Spring 2017 loan, it is time to re-apply for the Fall 2017/Winter 2018 (September through April) loan. To do this you need to:
- Complete a 2017-2018 FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Print, complete, and submit the appropriate Financial Aid Certification Form:
- *If you (or your parents) will be filing a 2015 income tax return with the IRS, it is recommended that you complete it before filling out the 2017-2018 FAFSA. The easiest way to complete or correct your FAFSA with accurate tax information is by using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool through www.fafsa.gov. Please note that it takes up to two weeks for IRS income information to be available for electronic IRS tax return filers, and up to eight weeks for paper IRS tax return filers.
- Please complete the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note if you did not already do so during the previous application period – (https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action)
- If this will be your first student loan at Pacific College, you will also need to complete Entrance Counseling – (https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action)