ACUPUNCTURE & ORIENTAL MEDICINE
Enter a Rewarding Career in Acupuncture
Have you considered joining the fascinating field of Oriental medicine? As an acupuncturist, you can make a difference in patients’ lives while having a career that offers you freedom. Consider some of these top reasons to turn your passion for healing into an acupuncture career with Pacific College of Oriental Medicine:
- Be your own boss.
- Create your own full-time or part-time schedule.
- Use the methods you believe in: Acupuncture, herbs, massage, meditation, and nutrition.
- Work with doctors, sports trainers, therapists, and pharmacists.
- Choose from a variety of workplace settings like hospitals, private practice, medical or recreational spas, cruise ships, public service, and more.
- Bill insurance or Workers Compensation in many states.
- Be a primary care practitioner. No referral required from a doctor.
Explore a Field Growing in Popularity and Acceptance
This is an exciting time to join the healthcare field. As public awareness shifts toward preventative medicine, patients are actively seeking out natural healing options. Skilled holistic practitioners are in demand!
Did you know that healthcare is one of the largest sectors of the US economy? Massage and healthcare are becoming integrated more and more every year.
Acupuncture has been cited by the World Health Organization to treat over forty-three conditions including allergies, asthma, back pain, carpal tunnel, colds and flu, constipation, depression, gynecological disorders, headache, heart problems, infertility, insomnia, pre-menstrual syndrome, sciatica, sports injuries, tendonitis and stress.
The National Institutes of Health Consensus on Acupuncture stated, “The data in support of acupuncture are as strong as those for many accepted Western medical therapies.”
In 1998, only 7.7% of hospitals were offering complementary and alternative therapies. By 2007, that number had risen to 37%. By 2011, that number had risen to 42% according to the American Hospital Association.
The Unique Toolset of Oriental Medicine
Acupuncturists are holistic healers with a unique skillset. Are you interested in studying an ancient healing system with a modern approach? Do you ever wonder what kind of healing methods you would be able to use as an acupuncturist?
- Use acupuncture, massage, Chinese herbology, nutrition, therapeutic Tai Ji, and more!
- Study ancient and modern approaches to holistic health care.
- Offer your patients natural choices for healing.
- Learn Western medicine and Oriental medicine–The best of both worlds.
With Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, you will experience a comprehensive training program. You will be a well-rounded practitioner! Learn about:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory
- Western medicine and biomedicine foundations
- Get hands-on training at a variety of on-campus and off-site clinical training facilities such as the following:
Rady Children’s Hospital
UCSD Free Clinic Project and UCSD Rimac
San Diego Cancer Center
Mental Health Services, Inc.
Beth Israel Continuum Cancer Center
Initiative for Women with Disabilities
Lutheran Medical Center Labor and Deliveries
Veterans Administration Hospital
Chicago Women’s Health Center
What is Oriental Medicine?
You may be wondering: how does Oriental medicine differ from Western medicine?
Oriental medicine holds the belief that no patient is the same. This is why each Oriental medicine treatment plan is unique and tailored to the individual.
There is no “one-size-fits-all” philosophy in Oriental medicine. We embrace individuality. We are also firm believers in the benefits of preventative care and a full-circle approach to health incorporating the mind, body, and spirit.
With expert faculty and diverse courses with hands-on training, our Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Program will help you deliver the right treatment to each individual. This program is available at all three Pacific College campuses in San Diego, CA, New York City, NY and Chicago, IL.
Our Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Program fosters an understanding of biomedicine as well as Oriental medicine, critical thinking, and professional patient care.
These topics are supported by Chinese medical studies, research, and advanced clinical training. Begin your journey today to becoming an advanced integrative healer. With an education from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, you will be primed for job opportunities across all venues of the medical field, from public outreach to a hospital setting or private practice.
Curious What You’ll Be Learning?
With us, you can earn a master’s degree or a doctorate.
Your courses will include topics such as anatomy and physiology, Chinese herbology, acupuncture points, diagnosis, and Eastern nutrition, to name a few! With us, your Oriental medicine education will also include a Western biomedicine foundation.
Our Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Program allows you to explore the diagnostic and treatment systems of Oriental medicine and how this ancient medicine fits into modern healthcare. You’ll draw from one-on-one training with expert faculty to provide quality Oriental medicine to your patients.
- Discover fulfilling career options, from private practice to a hospital setting or public service.
- Choose classes that fit into your lifestyle in three beautiful cities.
- Earn a degree that leads to a meaningful career. Turn your passion into a profession.
Discover more about our other patient-centered healthcare programs: