RN to BSN Nursing Program (Holistic Nursing)
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Holistic Nursing) (BSN)
RN to BSN Completion Program
“Recognizing the interconnectedness of self, others, nature, and spirituality.”
Full-Time Nursing Program Scholarship
Click to View Details & Application Form
Nursing is an art and science emanating from a caring-healing framework. Holistic Nursing focuses on healing the whole person, recognizing the interrelationship of the bio–psychosocial-cultural-spiritual-energetic-environmental dimensions of the person. It emphasizes protecting and promoting health and wellness, and supporting people to find meaning, peace and harmony. The holistic nurse partners with individuals, families, and communities to promote healing while honoring the individual's subjective experience about health and illness.
The baccalaureate holistic nursing degree is the established educational criteria for professional nurses. The PCOM Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Holistic Nursing) (BSN) provides the philosophical, professional, educational, and clinical groundwork necessary for nurses of the future. The curriculum emphasizes health, wellness and disease prevention; relationship-centered approach; research and evidence informed practice; ethics; advocacy; and leadership in the profession.
This bachelor's degree in holistic nursing enables graduates to:
- Empower patients/clients/families by teaching self-care practices for a healthier lifestyle.
- Assist individuals and families to manage stress, make healthy changes, and prevent disease by improving health and well-being.
- Guide individuals and families between the conventional allopathic medical system and complementary/alternative/integrative therapies and systems.
- Incorporate holistic integrative CAM modalities with other nursing interventions.
- Work on integrated health teams
- Practice in numerous settings.
- Integrate reflection and self-care into personal and professional life.
Nursing courses include:
- Theoretical Foundations of Holistic Nursing
- The Nurse as Facilitator of Healing I Role & II Modalities
- Community Health Nursing/Population Focused Healthcare
- Leadership in the Delivery of Healthcare
- Issues and Trends in Professional Nursing and Healthcare
Additional coursework includes:
- Health Assessment/ Physical Exam
- Electives, e.g. Herbology, Nutrition, Qi Gong, Fundamentals of Chinese Medicine, Essential Oils, Kinesiology, etc.
Nursing Program of Study
- 42-60 Credits (1095 Credit Hours)
- Full-Time (4 Terms), Part-Time (7-9 Terms)
- Classroom and Clinical Experiences
- Day and Evening Classes
NY State Approved, WASC Accredited, ACEN Candidate
*Degree is intended for those with an Associate’s Degree in Nursing and a Registered Nurse license.
Federal Consumer Disclosure Information About This Program
Pacific College of Oriental Medicine's MSTOM programs are accredited by ACAOM. The college and all its programs are approved by New York State Education Department. All programs, with the exception of the DAOM, are accredited by ACCSC. For important information on program costs, completion and placement rates, median debt incurred, etc., please .
Nursing Program Articulation
The Pacific College Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Holistic Nursing) has articulation agreements with the following Associate Degree Nursing Programs. Students who are not yet RNs may begin their nursing education at one of these colleges. Upon completion of an Associate Degree in Nursing, students may continue on to the Pacific College BS Completion Program in Holistic Nursing with seamless transition (see links below):
If you would like more information about holistic nursing programs, or you have been searching for nursing programs in NYC, you are always welcome to contact us at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in New York City.
Nursing faculty member Fern Baudo has also written a book on advanced care planning and the importance of end of life planning, called “If I Only Knew: Making Educated Medical Decisions as we Navigate Through Life’s Journey” (Amazon link)