English Chinese (Simplified) Japanese Korean Spanish

How to Apply for Financial Aid - New Students

How to Apply for Financial Aid

If you are a New Student

Estimate Your Federal Student Aid Eligibility


Students admitted to Pacific College’s Massage Therapy/Asian Bodywork Certificate, Associate’s degrees, Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree programs are eligible for Federal Student Aid to assist with their educational costs (for those who qualify), whether you are interested in financial aid for massage therapy, another specialized area, or to support a broader program of study.

For students starting in Spring (May) 2015 you must complete each of the following if you are applying for financial aid:


  1. If you have not already done so, apply for a federal PIN number from the U.S. Department of Education.


    If you have a federal PIN number but have forgotten it, you can ask to have it sent to you from the PIN website.


  1. Complete the 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid


    If you (or your parents) will be filing a 2014 income tax return with the IRS, it is recommended that you complete it before filling out the 2014-2015 FAFSA. The easiest way to complete or correct your FAFSA with accurate tax information is by using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool through www.fafsa.gov. Please note that it takes up to two weeks for IRS income information to be available for electronic IRS tax return filers, and up to eight weeks for paper IRS tax return filers.

    Each Pacific College campus has its own unique federal code. Please use the appropriate code for the campus you plan to attend.

Chicago E00983
San Diego 030277
New York E00911

For school codes other than Pacific College, use the Title IV School Code Search.
The 2014-2015 FAFSA is for students planning to start in Fall 2015, Winter 2016 or Spring 2016, whether you are interested in financial aid for acupuncture school programs, for example, or for a broader course of study.

IMPORTANT NOTE:Undergraduate students entering the MSTOM program with less than 90 units or without a BA/BS degree should answer questions 29, 30 and 48 on their FAFSA as follows:

#29 Select 4, "4th year undergraduate/ senior"

#30 Select 1, "1st bachelor's degree"

#48 Select "No". For financial aid purposes, you will not be considered to be working on your master's degree until you have reached 90 units.


  1. Download, complete, sign and submit the FA Certification Form to the Financial Aid Office:

Winter 2015/Spring 2015 Financial Aid Certification Form

Drop off the Certification Form to the Financial Aid Office on campus, fax to 619-574-1804 or e-mail a signed copy to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


All new students must complete Loan Entrance Counseling prior to the receipt of the first disbursement of loan funds. Loans will not be processed until the Financial Aid Office has received confirmation that Entrance Counseling has been completed. Confirmation of completed Entrance Counseling sessions are reviewed by the Financial Aid Office staff daily.

To complete Entrance Counseling, visit the following website.
You will need to sign in with your 4-digit Federal Student Aid Personal Identification Number (PIN) that was used to complete the FAFSA. Select "Complete Counseling". On the next page select "Entrance Counseling". Choose "undergraduate student" or "graduate or professional student" (MSTOM), and proceed with the Entrance Counseling session:



  1. Please complete the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note.



Estimate Your Federal Student Aid Eligibility


Important:  In order to expedite the processing of your financial aid, please complete the above steps in a timely manner, read instructions carefully, fill out forms completely and respond to requests for information as promptly as possible.  Also keep Pacific College updated on your current address and phone numbers.